Austrian Study Abroad Program Introduces Summer Mini-Session
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (February 15, 2012) - Celebrating the 20th anniversary of its popular study abroad program in Gaming, Austria, Franciscan University of Steubenville announced the start of a summer mini-session. The four-week, six-credit program will begin May 19, and final exams will be held on June 16.
"It's the perfect time of year to be there," said Santi Dell'Agli, a communication arts major who participated in last summer's nine-student trial run of the program. "In our free time, we went hiking in the mountains nearby or jumped in the creek that runs along the Kartause. It's also a great time to travel around Europe, before the summer tourism season peaks."
Students will enroll in two courses for a total of six credits during the session. While the courses offered will be determined by greatest student interest, Art Appreciation, enriched with excursions to Vienna, Paris, Melk, and Salzburg on weekends, is required. The $4,500 fee for the session covers tuition, University-sponsored excursions, lodging, and meal expenses for the excursions. For an additional $1,200, students can go on a 10-day pilgrimage to Rome, Assisi, Florence, and Venice at the end of the summer session.
The Austrian summer program is open to Franciscan University students and students enrolled at any private or public college or university. Credits are transferrable if accepted by the student's institution. The program can accommodate up to 35 students.
For more information, contact Mary Beth Coen-Morris, director of Study Abroad, at 740-284-5371 or email@example.com.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
summer, Austria, Franciscan University, Kartause, mini-session
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart