Sacrament of Confirmation
The sacrament of confirmation completes the sacrament of baptism. If baptism is the sacrament of re-birth to a new and supernatural life, confir- mation is the sacrament of maturity and coming of age. The real confession of Christ consist in this 'that the whole man submits himself to Truth, in the judgment of his understanding, in the submission of his will and in the consecration of his whole power of love . . . To do this, poor-spirited man is only able when he has been confirmed by God's grace'
This confirmation in the power of the Holy Spirit leading to a firm profession of faith has always been the particular effect which Catholic tradition has ascribed to the sacrament. It is effect which complements and completes that of baptism.
THE CHURCH TEACHES
Confirmation is a true sacrament instituted by Christ and different from baptism. It is administered by laying-on of hands and anointing with chrism accompanied by prayer. The chrism is blessed by the bishop and the bishop administers the sacrament. All baptized persons can and should be confirmed. The effect of the sacrament of confirmation is to give strength in faith and for the confession of faith and to impress an indelible character.
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Almighty God, Whose great power and eternal Wisdom embraces the universe, Watch over all policemen and Law enforcement officers everywhere. Protect them from harm In the performance of their duty To stop crime, robbery, Riots and violence. We pray, help them keep our streets And homes safe, ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis offers Egypt a special video message - 'I am honoured to ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Cletus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- A Christian miracle took place at the White House, so why isn't the ...
- Decades-old conundrum solved by chance - Can one of nature's squiggly ...
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.