A Prayer in a Country Cemetery
the boys and girls,
the men and women that worked on the land.
They knew the meaning of hard work.
They knew the joy and peace that is the product of labour.
Now we trust they know the peace and happiness
of everlasting life with You.
They watched the sun rise often,
winter and summer,
over these hills and fields.
They worked hard by its light,
and turned willingly to their rest at its setting.
Now they walk in the light of a Sun
that knows no setting.
Lord, if they are still in the waiting room of heaven,
bring them speedily to the light of Your peace
and the happiness of Your presence.
These men and women all their lives long
laboured to supply the food and drink necessary
to sustain human life.
Now, or soon,
they enjoy in all its fullness the life that You, Lord,
came down to earth to give men,
and to give more abundantly.
Dear Lord, bless us who labour now in the fields and hills
where these dear dead have worked.
Grant that we may remember them with charity and kindness,
walking reverently in the ways that they have left behind them.
Grant, too, that we may finally meet these men and women,
these boys and girls,
in the eternal mansions that You are even now preparing
More Dying Prayers
Showing 1 - 68 of 68
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
Virtual Prayer Candles
by Catholic Online
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- The unexpected, special gift Pope Francis presented to the King and ...
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- st. cecilia
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.