Holy Guardian Angel (Feast on October 2)
my good and loyal friend,
you have been with me since the moment I was born.
You are my own personal guardian,
given me by God as my guide and protector,
and you will stay with me till I die.
He who created you and me
gave me to you as your particular charge.
You assisted in great joy at my baptism,
when I became part of the Mystical Body of Christ,
and was made a member of the household of God
and an heir of heaven.
You saw the dangers that beset my path,
and, if I sinned,
it was in spite of you.
You envied me when Christ came to me in Holy Communion.
Even though you probably were there
among the angels that adored Him
the night that He was born,
you have not been able to receive Him as I can.
O, help me to appreciate these gifts!
Help me to realize, as you do,
with every fiber of my being,
that to serve Christ is to be a King!
Help me steadfastly to avoid evil
and do good and always guard my soul from sin.
Protect me as well from physical evils
as I go about my daily work.
You will be with me all my life,
and at the hour of my death.
Help me to face death bravely, patiently,
with great love of God,
knowing that it is only through death
that I can come to Him in heaven!
Then, come with me to my Judge,
and when the hour of my salvation comes,
take me home to my Father, God.
More Guardian Angel Prayers
Showing 1 - 38 of 38
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the Troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in Your hands. We ask ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Epic! Astronomers catch a radical black hole surfing a gravitational ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Paul Ryan you're FIRED! Speaker Ryan's failure to repeal Obamacare ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Rupert: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 27, 2017
- How dangerous are the effects of pornography? Science weighs in
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.