Christ, The Way Of Conversion Communion, And Solidarity In America
because the Gospel of the Father's love,
with which You came to save the world,
has been proclaimed far and wide in America
as a gift of the Holy Spirit
that fills us with gladness.
We thank You for the gift of Your Life,
which You have given us by loving us to the end:
Your Life makes us children of God,
brothers and sisters to each other.
Increase, O Lord, our faith and our love for You,
present in all the tabernacles of the continent.
Grant us to be faithful witnesses
to your Resurrection
for the younger generation of Americans,
so that, in knowing You, they may follow You
and find in You their peace and joy.
Only then will they know that they
are brothers and sisters
of all God's children scattered
throughout the world.
You who, in becoming man,
chose to belong to a human family,
teach families the virtues which filled with light
the family home of Nazareth.
May families always be united,
as You and the Father are one,
and may they be living witnesses
to love, justice and solidarity;
make them schools of respect,
forgiveness and mutual help,
so that the world may believe;
help them to be the source of vocations
to the priesthood and the consecrated life,
and all the other forms
of firm Christian commitment.
Protect Your Church and the Successor of Peter,
to whom You, Good Shepherd, have entrusted
the task of feeding Your flock.
Grant that the Church in America
and grow richer in the fruits of holiness.
Teach us to love Your Mother, Mary,
as you loved her.
Give us strength to proclaim
Your word with courage
in the work of the new evangelization,
so that the world may know new hope.
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mother of America,
pray for us!
(Given at Mexico City on January 22, 1999, by Pope John-Paul II).
More Prayers by Pope John Paul II Prayers
Showing 1 - 6 of 6
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.