Blessing of Diseased Cattle
O God, who hast decreed that the dumb animals should help man in his labors, we humbly pray Thee, do not permit these animals to perish, because without them man cannot support and nourish himself.
We call upon Thy mercy, O Lord, without ceasing grant that these animals, afflicted with grievous disease, may be restored to health in Thy name and by the power of Thy blessing. May all the power of the devil be driven from them so that they will languish no more. Be Thou, O Lord, the protector of their lives and the healer of their ailments.
Turn away from us, O Lord, we beseech Thee, the scourges of Thy punishment and drive off this disease that attacks these animals, as Thou punishest those who wander from Thy paths, but givest Thy grace when they have amended their lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Translated by Most Reverend J. H. Schlarman Bishop of Peoria
More Prayers as Blessings Prayers
Showing 1 - 49 of 49
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- A Lenten Must Read: Interview With Fr Dwight Longenecker on The ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.