Offering of One's Senses
Yet, Lord, I who see, hear, speak with such ease, often forget to thank You for these gifts which I take for granted.
Today, I thank You for my eyes which see light, colors, and the faces of those who love me.
I thank You for my hearing which allows me to enjoy people's voice and music.
I thank You for my voice which allows me to express my thoughts and innermost feelings.
I thank You also for the sense of smell, and the sense of touch.
Lord, You have given me the senses. I now offer them back to You.
Help me to use my senses sensibly, to see your beauty in the beauty of human faces and bodies, of flowers and rainbows, of nature and art; to use my eyes to read what will enrich my mind, ennoble my soul; to use my ears to listen to your Word and to what philosophers and scientists have to say about the mysteries of man, of the universe, of creation, so that I may better understand myself, others, and You, the Creator of all things seen and unseen, known and unknowable; about the past and the present, so that I may better understand myself, others, and You; to use my voice to proclaim the truth and to spread the joy around me.
More Offering Prayers
Showing 1 - 16 of 16
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Before the closing of the day, Creator, we Thee humbly pray, That, for Thy wonted mercy's sake, Thou us under protection take. May nothing in our minds excite Vain dreams and phantoms of the night; Our enemies repress, that so Our bodies no uncleanness know. In this, most gracious Father, hear, With ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- St. Cletus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Decades-old conundrum solved by chance - Can one of nature's squiggly ...
- A Christian miracle took place at the White House, so why isn't the ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- Pope Francis offers Egypt a special video message - 'I am honoured to ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.