Offering of One's Senses
Yet, Lord, I who see, hear, speak with such ease, often forget to thank You for these gifts which I take for granted.
Today, I thank You for my eyes which see light, colors, and the faces of those who love me.
I thank You for my hearing which allows me to enjoy people's voice and music.
I thank You for my voice which allows me to express my thoughts and innermost feelings.
I thank You also for the sense of smell, and the sense of touch.
Lord, You have given me the senses. I now offer them back to You.
Help me to use my senses sensibly, to see your beauty in the beauty of human faces and bodies, of flowers and rainbows, of nature and art; to use my eyes to read what will enrich my mind, ennoble my soul; to use my ears to listen to your Word and to what philosophers and scientists have to say about the mysteries of man, of the universe, of creation, so that I may better understand myself, others, and You, the Creator of all things seen and unseen, known and unknowable; about the past and the present, so that I may better understand myself, others, and You; to use my voice to proclaim the truth and to spread the joy around me.
More Offering Prayers
Showing 1 - 16 of 16
Watch Abducted priest makes impassioned plea to Pope Francis -- JOIN US IN PRAYER for his release! HD
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
God, come to my assistance. Lord make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. O my God, I thank you for having preserved me today and for having given me so many blessings and ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Manchester Bishop speaks out on horrific terrorist attack during ...
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD Video
- Understanding the Feast of the Ascension as the Portal to Eternity
- Daily Readings for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- 'Miracle Workers': Owen Wilson and Daniel Radcliffe star as God and ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi: Saint of the Day for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.