Anima Devota (prayer After Communion)
Complete, my dear Saviour, the salutary designs which Thou hast in paying me this visit. Thou hast given me light and strength to abandon the paths of perdition; grant me now light and grace to know, and steadily to advance in the ways of salvation. Dear Jesus, deny me not the grace requisite for overcoming my passions, and remaining faithful to Thee. Grant that I may renounce all earthly satisfactions, and place my delight in pleasing Thee, my God, my treasure, and my all. By Thine infinite goodness, and by Thine infallible promise of never abandoning those who cast themselves into Thine arms, to be directed by Thee, I beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant me this grace. Grant it to me, by the merits of Thy most precious Blood, of that saving and vivifying Blood, so profusely shed for the salvation of all, and for the tender consolation of Thy faithful servants.
Come to my aid, O Mary, my dearest Mother; intercede for me and enable my unworthy petition to find, through Thine intercession, a ready acceptance. Alas! have pity on Thy poor child, and cease not to exert a mother's care in its behalf. Take me, O Mary, take me under thy protection; thou shalt not always find me so unworthy as I have hitherto been. I will endeavour to copy thy virtues, especially thy humility and purity, which have ever been so dear to thee. Hail, august Mother of Jesus Christ! receive my humble homage of praise and thanks. Obtain for me innocence of heart and purity of mind, that so my thoughts and affections may be ever pure and chaste. By thy most powerful intercession, obtain for me the grace to reap solid and lasting advantages from the holy Sacrament, of which I have just participated; to imitate faithfully thy virtues, and to steadily follow thine example during my life, so that in heaven I may be associated with thee in eternally praising the unspeakable and infinite goodness of thy Son. Thou who wast never defiled by sin, preserve me in future from its cursed contagion; inflame my heart with divine love, that I may ever adhere to my Jesus, and be never separated from Him eternally.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of Mercy, forgive my failings, keep me in Your Grace, and lead me in the way of salvation. Give me strength in serving You as a follower of Christ. May the Eucharist bring me Your Forgiveness and give me freedom to serve You all my life. May it help me to remain faithful and give me ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- 7 inspiring quotes to change your life forever
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Miracle baby defies odds after mother refuses doctors' abortion ...
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.