Anima Devota (prayer After Communion)
Complete, my dear Saviour, the salutary designs which Thou hast in paying me this visit. Thou hast given me light and strength to abandon the paths of perdition; grant me now light and grace to know, and steadily to advance in the ways of salvation. Dear Jesus, deny me not the grace requisite for overcoming my passions, and remaining faithful to Thee. Grant that I may renounce all earthly satisfactions, and place my delight in pleasing Thee, my God, my treasure, and my all. By Thine infinite goodness, and by Thine infallible promise of never abandoning those who cast themselves into Thine arms, to be directed by Thee, I beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant me this grace. Grant it to me, by the merits of Thy most precious Blood, of that saving and vivifying Blood, so profusely shed for the salvation of all, and for the tender consolation of Thy faithful servants.
Come to my aid, O Mary, my dearest Mother; intercede for me and enable my unworthy petition to find, through Thine intercession, a ready acceptance. Alas! have pity on Thy poor child, and cease not to exert a mother's care in its behalf. Take me, O Mary, take me under thy protection; thou shalt not always find me so unworthy as I have hitherto been. I will endeavour to copy thy virtues, especially thy humility and purity, which have ever been so dear to thee. Hail, august Mother of Jesus Christ! receive my humble homage of praise and thanks. Obtain for me innocence of heart and purity of mind, that so my thoughts and affections may be ever pure and chaste. By thy most powerful intercession, obtain for me the grace to reap solid and lasting advantages from the holy Sacrament, of which I have just participated; to imitate faithfully thy virtues, and to steadily follow thine example during my life, so that in heaven I may be associated with thee in eternally praising the unspeakable and infinite goodness of thy Son. Thou who wast never defiled by sin, preserve me in future from its cursed contagion; inflame my heart with divine love, that I may ever adhere to my Jesus, and be never separated from Him eternally.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
Virtual Prayer Candles
by Catholic Online
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.