MIRACULOUS SURVIVAL: Newborn baby weighing just ONE POUND survives heart surgery at two-weeks-old
A baby boy born at 28 weeks, weighing just over one pound at birth defied every odd set against him and miraculously survived heart surgery at two weeks old.
The newborn boy measured at the length of an adult palm. [Photo by: Cover Asia Press]
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The unnamed newborn, measuring the length of a palm, has become the world's tiniest baby to have successful heart surgery, according to the Daily Mail.
Upon birth, doctors discovered the boy had what is known as Patent Ductus Arteriousus, meaning two of his heart's major blood vessels were connected. His skin, eyes and lungs were all undeveloped and he could not be moved or extensively touched.
His team of doctors, including Dr. Sunil Jangid and Dr. Sanjay Gandhi, performed the unbelievable milestone surgery at Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital in Eklingpura, India.
The team of doctors used specialized surgical equipment during the surgery. [Photo By: Cover Asia Press]
"In this case, when the infant didn't respond to medicines, heart surgery was the last option," expressed Dr. Jangid. "Operating on an infant, especially when he is so tiny, is very challenging and risky as the body parts are extremely premature."
The hospital utilized special miniaturized surgical equipment to operate on the child.
"There were many risks involved like respiratory distress syndrome, brain/lungs internal bleeding, feeding intolerance, developmental problems," stated Dr. Gandhi.
Despite all the risks and all of the obstacles, the tiny baby boy survived. His father, only called S P Jain, explained his son's survival is "nothing short of a miracle."
"He is so brave that he has survived so many odds with such low weight. Our prayers have been answered."
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Callista Gingrich is the next U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican
- Missionary priest kidnapped in Nigeria
- St. Luke: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Museum of the Bible set to open in D.C., will be one of the city's ...
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want ...
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way