MIRACULOUS SURVIVAL: Newborn baby weighing just ONE POUND survives heart surgery at two-weeks-old
A baby boy born at 28 weeks, weighing just over one pound at birth defied every odd set against him and miraculously survived heart surgery at two weeks old.
The newborn boy measured at the length of an adult palm. [Photo by: Cover Asia Press]
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The unnamed newborn, measuring the length of a palm, has become the world's tiniest baby to have successful heart surgery, according to the Daily Mail.
Upon birth, doctors discovered the boy had what is known as Patent Ductus Arteriousus, meaning two of his heart's major blood vessels were connected. His skin, eyes and lungs were all undeveloped and he could not be moved or extensively touched.
His team of doctors, including Dr. Sunil Jangid and Dr. Sanjay Gandhi, performed the unbelievable milestone surgery at Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital in Eklingpura, India.
The team of doctors used specialized surgical equipment during the surgery. [Photo By: Cover Asia Press]
"In this case, when the infant didn't respond to medicines, heart surgery was the last option," expressed Dr. Jangid. "Operating on an infant, especially when he is so tiny, is very challenging and risky as the body parts are extremely premature."
The hospital utilized special miniaturized surgical equipment to operate on the child.
"There were many risks involved like respiratory distress syndrome, brain/lungs internal bleeding, feeding intolerance, developmental problems," stated Dr. Gandhi.
Despite all the risks and all of the obstacles, the tiny baby boy survived. His father, only called S P Jain, explained his son's survival is "nothing short of a miracle."
"He is so brave that he has survived so many odds with such low weight. Our prayers have been answered."
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
by Catholic Online
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- Feeling down? Here's how to change YOUR LIFE and THE WORLD from Navy ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Ten year old girl gives birth following rape in India
- Sen. Bob Corker joins ranks of seditious who want to overthrow a ...
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD