Thursday, May 21 - Homily: Abundant, Lush, and Juicy Fruit
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/21/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father expounds on today's Gospel, emphasizing that in order to bear fruit, we must remain in Christ as branches must be connected to the vine in order to bear fruit. Then Father mentions the importance of pruning grape vines in order to produce abundant, lush, and juicy fruit, then compares it to persecution such as the persecution under today's saints suffered under in Mexico during the early 1900's. Finally, he reminds us that we too must remain in Christ, and if we do so, we will have the strength to face the various persecutions we all face. Ave Maria!
Father mentions the importance of pruning grape vines in order to produce abundant, lush, and juicy fruit, then compares it to persecution such as the persecution under today's saints suffered under in Mexico during the early 1900's.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Vatican asks for the release of bishop forcibly removed from diocese
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD