Thursday, May 21 - Homily: Abundant, Lush, and Juicy Fruit
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/21/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father expounds on today's Gospel, emphasizing that in order to bear fruit, we must remain in Christ as branches must be connected to the vine in order to bear fruit. Then Father mentions the importance of pruning grape vines in order to produce abundant, lush, and juicy fruit, then compares it to persecution such as the persecution under today's saints suffered under in Mexico during the early 1900's. Finally, he reminds us that we too must remain in Christ, and if we do so, we will have the strength to face the various persecutions we all face. Ave Maria!
Father mentions the importance of pruning grape vines in order to produce abundant, lush, and juicy fruit, then compares it to persecution such as the persecution under today's saints suffered under in Mexico during the early 1900's.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
John the Baptist spoke what was true, and died for having spoken it. Some might think his decision was extreme, radical even. Racial? Yes, ... continue reading
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Missionary priest kidnapped in Nigeria
- Museum of the Bible set to open in D.C., will be one of the city's ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Callista Gingrich is the next U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles ...
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want ...
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way