Thursday, May 21 - Homily: Abundant, Lush, and Juicy Fruit
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/21/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Father expounds on today's Gospel, emphasizing that in order to bear fruit, we must remain in Christ as branches must be connected to the vine in order to bear fruit. Then Father mentions the importance of pruning grape vines in order to produce abundant, lush, and juicy fruit, then compares it to persecution such as the persecution under today's saints suffered under in Mexico during the early 1900's. Finally, he reminds us that we too must remain in Christ, and if we do so, we will have the strength to face the various persecutions we all face. Ave Maria!
Father mentions the importance of pruning grape vines in order to produce abundant, lush, and juicy fruit, then compares it to persecution such as the persecution under today's saints suffered under in Mexico during the early 1900's.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that frightens you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing: ... continue reading
It is important to understand that sin and God's holiness are incompatible. There is a radical conflict between the total and infinite ... continue reading
Fr. Joachim on how we have so many opportunities to heroically follow the Vicar of Christ, the pope in these difficult times. continue reading
In today's Gospel, Jesus tells us that non-practicing Catholics are fools who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. continue reading
All the virtues that St. John the Baptist practiced began with his sanctification by Marian mediation. Father explains some of these ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD