We Need to Fulfill Jesus' Command
By Fr. Jonas Abib
Founder Cancao Nova
God put us in this world to love. He put us here to establish the civilization of love on Earth. Nevertheless what we see around us at present are the marks of cruelty and lack of love forcing us to respond defensively and even destructively.
Though I ask you: after all, is God Love or not? Why does mankind live in that terrible condition of lack of love at present? The great answer to this question beginw with the fact that Jesus has already accomplished His share.
Before returning to the Father, He assigned His mission to us with that order: “I give you a new commandment: love one another.
As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13, 34-35).
You can thus easily understand the reason why the world is in that terrible condition at present: we did not accomplish the mission Jesus put in our hands; we did not love one another. The civilization of love will take place when we put love in practice in our lives.
May the Lord bless you and make you a genuine tool of love.
http://www.cancaonova.net TX, US
Fr. Jonas Abib - Founder, 817 431-8512
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience