You Are Chosen
by Fr. Jonas Abib
Founder Cancao Nova
You are chosen not because of your merits, but by grace. A saint is not a man who is perfect, but he who found grace before the Lord and was thus chosen. Among many flowers, we select some to make a bouquet. We choose them because they found grace before our eyes.
Among other people, God has chosen us. If you were the chosen one in your house, it is because God counts on you. We are not better than anyone though we have been chosen to be the salt in our house.
You were chosen to be among people who need God not to be different, but to be the salt. It is as if God said to each of us: “I found you lawful before my eyes! I have chosen you. I even granted you your lawfulness. I guided you to conversion; I poured the Holy Spirit over you. I made you the salt. I put you in this house and now I tell you: make an ark.” I know you do not want to lose anyone you love, but take them, one by one, to the ark of salvation.
Your mission is not to leave any member of your family out of that ark. None should be lost! It is difficult to be a Christian, to be a saint in a world that seduces and drags us into corruption. Though that is our mission and our challenge.
http://www.cancaonova.net TX, US
Fr. Jonas Abib - Founder, 817 431-8512
Vocation, Service, Discipleship
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience