John Paul II's Address to Board of Knights of Columbus
VATICAN CITY, OCT. 9, 2003 (Zenit) - Here is the address John Paul II delivered today to the board of directors of the Knights of Columbus, whom he received in audience.
I am pleased to welcome the board of directors of the Knights of Columbus on the occasion of your meeting in Rome. I thank you for the prayerful good wishes which you have offered me, on behalf of all the Knights and their families, for the 25th anniversary of my election.
On this occasion I wish to express once more my deep gratitude for the unfailing support which your order has given to the Church's mission. This support is shown in a special way in the Vicarius Christi Fund, which is a sign of the solidarity of the Knights of Columbus with the Successor of Peter in his concern for the universal Church, but it is also seen in the daily prayers, sacrifices and apostolic works of so many Knights in their local Councils, their parishes and their communities. In fidelity to the vision of Father Michael McGivney, may you continue to seek new ways of being a leaven of the Gospel in the world and a spiritual force for the renewal of the Church in holiness, unity and truth.
To you, and to all the Knights and their families, I cordially impart my apostolic blessing.
http://www.catholic.org CA, US
Pope John Paul II - Holy See, 661 869-1000
Knights of Columbus, Pope John Paul II
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience