The Journey to Heaven
By Fr. Jonas Abib
Founder Cancao Nova
Feet firm on the ground. Facing the pathways of life and being hurt by stones and thorns along this narrow way. With eyes wide open to reality we walk towards the goal: Heaven. Here we do not have a permanent dwelling though we are not unaware of or distant from reality.
On the contrary, exactly because of our goal we have one strong focus: not leaving anyone behind and lost in the pathways of this world. Because we do have a goal, because we are citizens of Heaven, we have a new language, new activities and new actions. We must be different because we know who we are and what we want. We swim against the tide and, like fish during spawning, we strive upstream and shed our blood against the rocks to lay eggs in the heights: that is where we were born long ago. We must return home, to the heights, our final destination.
We do not want and we cannot live on the surface, on the ground, because our goal is Heaven.
http://www.cancaonova.net TX, US
Fr. Jonas Abib - Founder, 817 431-8512
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Featured Today
- Monaco & The Vatican: Monaco's Grace Kelly Exhibit to Rome--A Review of Monegasque-Holy See Diplomatic History
- My Dad
- A Royal Betrayal: Catholic Monaco Liberalizes Abortion
- John Paul II as an Apostle of Mercy
- Embrace every moment as sacred time
- A Recession Antidote
- The Why of Jesus' Death: A Pauline Perspective
- Father Lombardi's Address on Catholic Media
- Pope's Words to Pontifical Latin American College
- Prelate: Genetics Needs a Conscience