Bl. Peter Vasquez
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Martyr in Japan. Born in Galicia, Spain, he entered the Dominicans and after training was sent to Japan. Captured during the Japanese persecutions, he was burned alive at Shimabara with Blessed Louis Sotelo and others.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Peter, who was also known as Simon Peter of Cephas, is considered the first Pope. Despite his papacy, Peter had humble beginnings and became one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus. He was ordained by ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Felix was the son of Hermias, a Syrian who had been a Roman soldier. He was born on his father's estate at Nola near Naples, Italy. On the death of his father, Felix distributed his inheritance to the poor, was ordained by Bishop St. Maximus of Nola, and became his ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- The Martyrdom of the Apostles Peter and Paul Invites Us Into a New ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD