Come join us as Catholics and Anglicans 'Become One'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KANSAS CITY, MO (February 11, 2011) - Fr. Ernie Davis at St. Thérèse Little Flower Catholic Church, 5814 Euclid Avenue in Kansas City, MO, invites Catholics and those becoming Catholics to come and experience the joy of the Becoming One gathering at his church.
From Friday evening (Feb. 25) through Saturday noon (Feb. 26) Catholics, Episcopalians and Anglicans will gather together to explore the wonder of the Pope Benedict XVI's proposed Anglican Ordinariate in this country and experience the beauty of Anglican Use worship.
“Becoming One” begins with Evensong and Benediction on Saturday evening at 6:00 p.m. and includes a Catholic Mass celebrated according to the Anglican Usage of the Roman Rite on Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m.
Anglican Bishop David Moyer, the Tradition Anglican Communion's Bishop of the Armed Forces and the Bishop-in-Charge of the Patrimony of the Primate will speak on Friday evening; Fr. Christopher Phillips, pastor of Our Lady of the Atonement Anglican Use Catholic Church in San Antonio, Texas will speak on Saturday morning and Kansas City Catholic Bishop Robert Finn will speak at Noon on Saturday.
Fr. Davis requests that those who are interested in attending the "Becoming One" register online at http://ecommerce.diocese-kcsj.org/ecommerce/events.php so that an accurate nose count can be taken to help St. Thérèse Little Flower Catholic Church properly prepare for seating, liturgy and meals. For more information Fr. Davis can be reached at (816) 444-5406 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $25 registration fee to help defray the cost of meals.
http://sttheresekc.org/1.html TX, 77320-1961 US
Mary Ann Mueller - Media Consultant, 936/293-1930
Anglican Ordinariate, Anglican Use, Anglicanorum Coetibus
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae