National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Teresa Tomeo 586-777-2691 or Cheryl Dickow 248-917-3865
WATERFORD, MI (February 22, 2010) - Media expert Teresa Tomeo is available to share her personal story of tragedy and triumph with adolescent anorexia that resulted in hospitalization and has been tied to her own infertility. Teresa explains to parents the ins and outs of eating disorders and ways in which parents can help to avert the disease in their daughters or recognize the symptoms.
"The illness played havoc on my body, which was going through puberty at the time. My periods stopped and there were other complications...But I believe that one never truly gets "over" an eating disorder. In many ways it stays with you."
Teresa's own personal struggles have become her message in the powerful, popular All Things Girl book series published by Cheryl Dickow at Bezalel Books.
Both Teresa and Cheryl are available to talk about ways in which young girls can be encouraged to embrace their own body types while also recognizing the needs that young girls have in which they so strongly desire to be accepted and "fit in."
http://www.BezalelBooks.com MI, 48330 US
Cheryl Dickow - Editor, 248 917-3865
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS