National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Teresa Tomeo 586-777-2691 or Cheryl Dickow 248-917-3865
WATERFORD, MI (February 22, 2010) - Media expert Teresa Tomeo is available to share her personal story of tragedy and triumph with adolescent anorexia that resulted in hospitalization and has been tied to her own infertility. Teresa explains to parents the ins and outs of eating disorders and ways in which parents can help to avert the disease in their daughters or recognize the symptoms.
“The illness played havoc on my body, which was going through puberty at the time. My periods stopped and there were other complications…But I believe that one never truly gets “over” an eating disorder. In many ways it stays with you.”
Teresa’s own personal struggles have become her message in the powerful, popular All Things Girl book series published by Cheryl Dickow at Bezalel Books.
Both Teresa and Cheryl are available to talk about ways in which young girls can be encouraged to embrace their own body types while also recognizing the needs that young girls have in which they so strongly desire to be accepted and “fit in.”
http://www.BezalelBooks.com MI, 48330 US
Cheryl Dickow - Editor, 248 917-3865
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network