National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Teresa Tomeo 586-777-2691 or Cheryl Dickow 248-917-3865
WATERFORD, MI (February 22, 2010) - Media expert Teresa Tomeo is available to share her personal story of tragedy and triumph with adolescent anorexia that resulted in hospitalization and has been tied to her own infertility. Teresa explains to parents the ins and outs of eating disorders and ways in which parents can help to avert the disease in their daughters or recognize the symptoms.
“The illness played havoc on my body, which was going through puberty at the time. My periods stopped and there were other complications…But I believe that one never truly gets “over” an eating disorder. In many ways it stays with you.”
Teresa’s own personal struggles have become her message in the powerful, popular All Things Girl book series published by Cheryl Dickow at Bezalel Books.
Both Teresa and Cheryl are available to talk about ways in which young girls can be encouraged to embrace their own body types while also recognizing the needs that young girls have in which they so strongly desire to be accepted and “fit in.”
http://www.BezalelBooks.com MI, 48330 US
Cheryl Dickow - Editor, 248 917-3865
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9