Confessing Around the Clock in the Archdiocese of New York
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (February 16, 2010) - The Cathedral of Saint Patrick Young Adults (CSPYA, and 51 churches of the Archdiocese of New York, are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual "24 Hours of Confessions" project for the 2010 Lenten Season.
"24 HOURS OF CONFESSION" is scheduled to take place between 7:00 A.M. on Friday, March 5th, 2010, through 7:00 A.M. on Saturday, March 6th, 2010, at 51 parishes throughout the Bronx, Manhattan, Dutchess, Staten Island, Orange, Rockland and Westchester counties.
His Excellency, Bishop Dominick Lagonegro, Vicar of Orange County, rallied 25 churches in his own county to hold additional confession times from 6pm-9pm on March 5th.
These participating parishes have extended their hours for hearing confessions, targeting those Catholics who have not yet found the time to receive the Holy Sacrament of Reconciliation. The participating parishes will be keeping their "confession doors" open for a total of more than 275 hours during this 24 hour period.
"In this Year of the Priest, the priests of the Archdiocese of New York are making a tremendous sacrifice to hear people's confessions, to counsel them, and to give them comfort. They are living the great example of St. John Vianney and St. Padre Pio, by bringing people back to Jesus Christ through this sacrament," says Mario Bruschi, Director of the Cathedral of Saint Patrick Young Adults. "Catholics need to know that confession is all about God's forgiveness and love and that the priest is there for them. That is why our goal for this project will be focused on reminding people about the importance of the priesthood and that confession can restore us when we sin."
For a full list of participating parishes, please visit www.cspya.org, and click on the "24 Hours of Confession" hyperlink on the homepage. You can also visit www.events4jc.org and click on the "24 Hours of Confession" event listing for March 5th, 2010.
For more information about this event or to speak with an event manager, please contact (845) 561-2264 or (917) 597-3453 or email@example.com.
Cathedral of St Patrick Young Adults
http://www.cspya.org NY, 10065 US
Mario Bruschi - Director, 917 597-3453
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree