Catholic Author Challenges Obama: Reach Out to American Christians As You Did to Arab Muslims
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chris Benguhe calls for the president to make good on his campaign promise to Christians who voted for him!
Phoenix, AZ (June 4, 2009) — Catholic columnist and author of the recently released book “Overcoming Life’s 7 Common Tragedies” Chris Benguhe gives high marks to President Obama for bending over backwards in his recent efforts to reach out to the Islamic world peacefully and respectfully. But he only wishes that Obama would have as much deference for American Christians.
“We must not demonize human beings for their faith,” says Benguhe. “I thank our president for letting the world know Americans do not wish to oppress, control or discriminate against Muslims, whether here in America or anywhere else in the world.”
“But now I wish our president would show the same respect and consideration for the religious convictions and sensitivities of us Christians here at home in his own country, and I really wish he would acknowledge how important Christianity is to this nation.”
Benguhe points to Obama’s hard press on pro abortion policies as “just the tip of the anti-Christian iceberg,” citing also Obama’s recent shut out of government funds for pro abstinence groups and support of funding for international groups that support euthanasia and abortion.
But Benguhe was especially concerned by how much more Obama unequivocally supported Islam and the Muslim faith in his recent speech in Egypt, far more than he was willing to support Christianity in his speech at Notre Dame last month.
“He went as far as quoting the Quran in Egypt,” notes Benguhe, “but he never thought to quote the Bible, the book of his own faith, in his own country when speaking at a Catholic university.”
Benguhe recently stated he believes it’s time for 70 million plus Catholics to stand up for their values and lead the way by finding solutions that inspire and reiterate the value of human life.
Chris Benguhe latest book “OVERCOMING LIFE'S 7 COMMON TRAGEDIES: OPPORTUNTIES FOR DISCOVERING GOD” examines the positive potential of tragedy to bring people closer to each other and to realize their ultimate purpose and includes revealing interviews with Terry Schiavo’s brother, Enron victims, cancer survivors and more.
He also pens a regular column for The Catholic Sun in Phoenix, Ariz.
http://www.beyondtragedy.net AZ, 85011 US
Sheryl Johnson - Publicist, 309 2165799
Obama, Islam, Christianity, Muslims
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School