Converging Roads: Bioethics, Health Care, & Catholic Teaching
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAN ANTONIO, TX (MAY 3, 2009) - Assumption Seminary and the San Antonio Institute for Catholic Culture present "Converging Roads: Bioethics, Health Care, and Catholic Teaching." Converging Roads is a comprehensive, educational, and pastoral bioethics program specifically designed for health care professionals, catechists, educators, and clergy.
The program consists of four seminars beginning in the fall of 2009 and finishing in the spring of 2010. These seminars are structured to build on each other and will provide participants with a foundation in ethical principles which will then be applied to topics of human sexuality, implications for human procreation, beginning of life issues, medical interventions across the lifespan, end of life issues, and social concerns.
The program will also explore Christís role as physician and take a thorough look at bioethics in Magisterial documents. This core education will be taught by qualified instructors on the Converging Roads faculty. In addition to the core curriculum that will be presented throughout the program, each seminar will also feature nationally and internationally recognized Distinguished Speakers. These will be professionals who have exceptional experience and expertise in integrating bioethics, health care, and Catholic teachings in their professional setting. Distinguished Speakers will complement the core education by adding depth and variety to the seminars.
The specific program objectives for Converging Roads are the following:
- Provide a strong foundation in philosophical ethics, bioethics, and moral theology
- Provide a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of the biomedical issues that are relevant in todayís society and how technological and medical advances present unique and oftentimes complex ethical challenges
- Equip medical professionals to dialogue with the culture and their professional setting from a bioethical standpoint, recognizing the intrinsic dignity of the human person
- Equip clergy and other ministers to assist and educate the laity in making moral health care decisions by informing their conscience with sound ethical principles and Magisterial teaching
For more information on the Distinguished Speakers and for registration, go to www.ConvergingRoads.com.
http://www.ConvergingRoads.com TX, 78228 US
Chris Stravitsch - Formation Faculty, 210 734-5137
Bioethics, Health Care
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Maryís Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francisí first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.