Converging Roads: Bioethics, Health Care, & Catholic Teaching
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAN ANTONIO, TX (MAY 3, 2009) - Assumption Seminary and the San Antonio Institute for Catholic Culture present "Converging Roads: Bioethics, Health Care, and Catholic Teaching." Converging Roads is a comprehensive, educational, and pastoral bioethics program specifically designed for health care professionals, catechists, educators, and clergy.
The program consists of four seminars beginning in the fall of 2009 and finishing in the spring of 2010. These seminars are structured to build on each other and will provide participants with a foundation in ethical principles which will then be applied to topics of human sexuality, implications for human procreation, beginning of life issues, medical interventions across the lifespan, end of life issues, and social concerns.
The program will also explore Christ's role as physician and take a thorough look at bioethics in Magisterial documents. This core education will be taught by qualified instructors on the Converging Roads faculty. In addition to the core curriculum that will be presented throughout the program, each seminar will also feature nationally and internationally recognized Distinguished Speakers. These will be professionals who have exceptional experience and expertise in integrating bioethics, health care, and Catholic teachings in their professional setting. Distinguished Speakers will complement the core education by adding depth and variety to the seminars.
The specific program objectives for Converging Roads are the following:
- Provide a strong foundation in philosophical ethics, bioethics, and moral theology
- Provide a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of the biomedical issues that are relevant in today's society and how technological and medical advances present unique and oftentimes complex ethical challenges
- Equip medical professionals to dialogue with the culture and their professional setting from a bioethical standpoint, recognizing the intrinsic dignity of the human person
- Equip clergy and other ministers to assist and educate the laity in making moral health care decisions by informing their conscience with sound ethical principles and Magisterial teaching
For more information on the Distinguished Speakers and for registration, go to www.ConvergingRoads.com.
http://www.ConvergingRoads.com TX, 78228 US
Chris Stravitsch - Formation Faculty, 210 734-5137
Bioethics, Health Care
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS