'Singing with the Angels': A presentation on the beauty of Catholic Church Music
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OTTAWA, CANADA (MARCH 21, 2009) - Carleton University Roman Catholic Community presents two events which focus on the "treasure of inestimable value" that is Catholic sacred music:
1. Monday 23rd, March - "Singing with the Angels: A presentation on the beauty of Catholic Church Music"
Come and join Fr. Joseph Lee, FSSP as he examines the nature of Catholic music, that is holiness, beauty and universality, its fundamental relation to public prayer and the liturgy, its role in sanctifying the faithful and much more...
Location: Carleton University, Room Leeds 118
2. Tuesday 24th March - "Gregorian chant workshop: You don't have to be a monk to learn Chant"
This workshop will present both beginning and advanced musicians with an opportunity to enrich their knowledge of Gregorian chant as well understanding its contribution to the development of Western music. The workshop leaders will introduce the basics of notation and rythm according to the Solemnes method. Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn a piece (Introit) from the Requiem Mass according to the Roman Gradual. This wokshop is ideal for music students, choir members, clergy, religious or anyone who is interested in learning about the heritage of Sacred music within the Catholic church.
Location: Carleton University, Room: Leeds 118
Carleton University Roman Catholic Chaplaincy (CURCC)
http://www.carleton.ca/rcc/ , K1S 5B6 CA
Jane Gachuche - CURCC community member, 613 520 2896
Catholic Students' Week events
Newman Centers & Campus Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors