Daily Mass Broadcast Now on Catholic.net
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Catholics who cannot attend Mass daily are encouraged to watch online
New Haven, CT (OCTOBER 15, 2008) – The Office of Communications/TV Ministry of the Diocese of Worcester, MA, has teamed up with Catholic.net for broadcasting the Daily Mass over the internet in an effort to broaden Catholics’ access to the daily liturgy.
The Daily Mass is broadcast each weekday morning from the Mary, Mother of the Redeemer Chapel in the Cathedral of St. Paul, Worcester, Massachusetts. The Mass began primarily as a way for homebound, elderly and shut-in viewers to be able to participate in the celebration of the Mass by watching from their homes.
In October 2006 the Mass was offered on the internet to viewers all over the world. Since its internet debut, there have been over 25,000 viewers from all over the world including England, Dubai, and New Zealand. Now the expectation is that over 10 thousand viewers are reached daily through www.catholic.net/mass.
“Now we are able to impact significantly the number of viewers that we can reach by offering the Daily Mass on Catholic.net as well as WorcesterDiocese.org” said Steve Kaufman, manager of productions and programming for TV Ministry for the Diocese of Worcester .
The Diocese of Worcester’s Mass is unique because the celebrant is different each day, the homily is very well prepared often directing the preaching to the viewers and making mention of them during the prayers of petition. In addition, the TV ministry of the Diocese does a state of the art postproduction.” Rosalia Tenorio, Director of Catholic.net said that “Offering the daily Mass on our portal is a wonderful addition to our users. We are very thankful to the Diocese of Worcester for extending their service to the Catholic.net Community.”
The Daily Mass and Catholic.net, both non-profit, are funded by contributions from viewers and visitors.
Catholic.net is a web based apostolate, directed by the Legionaries of Christ and Regnum Christi Movement, intended to form an online Catholic community committed to evangelize the social world by building up the Kingdom of Christ through their Families, Parishes, Dioceses, and general communities. To foster this commitment Catholic.net promotes interaction among Catholics worldwide through information sharing and online interactive tools. Fundamentally Catholic.net serves as an online platform to build synergies among the various apostolic initiatives.
Please Direct Media Inquiries to:
http://www.catholic.net/mass CA, 93551 US
Rosalia Tenorio - Manager, 661 526-7314
Mass, Worcester, Catholic.net
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?