WYD Vigil and Closing Mass with Pope Benedict XVI on CatholicTV
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (JULY 19, 2008) - Everyday is World Youth Day on CatholicTV® from July 15-20. Watch the Vigil on Saturday, July 19 at noon and 8 p.m. (Eastern). Celebrate the Closing Mass on Saturday, July 19 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, July 20 at noon (all times Eastern).
The Evening Vigil at the Southern Cross Precinct is a joyful and moving experience of music and song – including the WYD08 theme ‘Receive the Power’, a ceremony of candlelight, a representation of the 10 WYD08 patrons, testimonies, a homily by Pope Benedict XVI, prayer for a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit and a time of Eucharistic Adoration.
Pope Benedict XVI celebrates the Closing Mass of World Youth Day 2008, the highest point of celebration with the largest gathering of people in the history of Australia. Twenty-four young people receive the Sacrament of Confirmation from the Holy Father. The Mass concludes with the announcement of the next WYD host city.
CatholicTV's broadcasts includes commentary from Father Robert Reed and Peter Skipper with reports by Father Matt Williams and Fatehr Chris Hickey in Australia. Watch live or relive the major events of WYD08 at www.PopeinAustralia.com.
CatholicTV provides family-friendly religious, news, and educational programming 24 hours daily. Founded over fifty years ago, CatholicTV’s programming is available on selected cable systems including Comcast, RCN, Sky Angel IPTV, and Verizon FiOS. For more information, visit www.CatholicTV.com and click on channels. Father Robert Reed, a priest of the Archdiocese of Boston, is the Director of CatholicTV.
http://www.PopeinAmerica.com MA, US
Sean Ward - Public Relations, 617 9233024 x212
WYD prayer vigil closing Mass Pope Benedict XVI in Australia
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life
- One of the Great Overlooked Dramas of the Nazi Era
- Every Day is a Holiday in the Catholic Church!
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle