Covenant House Light the Night Gala Honors Christopher Gardner, Author, The Pursuit of Happyness
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
What: Light the Night Gala – A brighter future for homeless youth
NEW YORK, NY (MAY 23, 2008) - Covenant House’s annual gala to support homeless and runaway youth and to recognize individuals and corporations who positively impact the lives of young people who are served by Covenant House.
Who: This year’s honoree is Christopher Gardner, Author of The Pursuit of Happyness.
Mr. Gardner's journey from homeless single father to philanthropist is an inspirational story that resonates with our Covenant House kids and will inspire them to pursue their dreams.
Broadway Stars: Also providing inspiration will be performances by some of Broadway's biggest stars including: Neil Berg, Rob Evan, Rita Harvey, Capathia Jenkins and Danny Zolli.
Where: Waldorf=Astoria, 301 Park Avenue, New York, NY (Black Tie Optional)
When: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 6:00 pm
Fundraisers: Silent auction, live auction, 50/50 raffle, ad journal
Cost: See participation categories at www.LightTheNightGala.org
Every night, at 21 sites in six countries, over 1,600 young people will sleep in the safety of Covenant House shelters. Proceeds from the Light the Night Gala will provide food, clothing, and medical attention, as well as innovative job training programs and educational and housing opportunities that will transform lives. During the Gala, some of these remarkable young people will share their inspiring stories of courage and tell us how they found Covenant House and rediscovered their will to live after years of abuse and neglect.
Covenant House is the largest privately funded agency in the Americas providing services to homeless kids. In 2007, Covenant House reached 65,849 homeless children, offering them food, shelter and other services with the hope of giving them the chance to create a more positive future for themselves. Covenant House provides 24/7 crisis care and on-going support for young people in need of a safe haven. Assistance can be found by simply calling the Covenant House NINELINE (1-800-999-9999) or visiting www.nineline.org. More information about Covenant House and resources for homeless youth can be found at www.covenanthouse.org.
Covenant House International
http://www.lightthenightgala.org NY, US
Jill Sarber - Gala Coordinator, 212 727-4000
Homeless youth, Christoper Gardner, Covenant House International
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network