Cardinal George set to Ordain Priests for the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (APRIL 9, 2008) - The Canons Regular of St. John Cantius in Chicago are pleased to announce the forthcoming priestly ordination of Rev. Br. Anthony Rice, S.J.C. and Rev. Br. Bartholomew Juncer, S.J.C.
His Eminence, Francis Cardinal George, Archbishop of Chicago, will offer the Mass of Ordination in Latin according to the Ordinary Form (Missale Romanum 2003).
Everyone in welcome to join the parishioners and friends of St. John Cantius Church as well as the patrons of the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius for this special Mass of Ordination.
The Resurrection Choir and Orchestra will provide music, along with the Schola Cantorum of St. Gregory the Great.
Mass in D Major, K 194, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 – 1791)
Veni Sancte Spiritus, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 – 1791)
Ecce Sacerdos, Rev. Scott Haynes, S.J.C. (1971 --)
For more details go to: www.cantius.org/go/events/detail/ordination_mass
Fr. Bartholomew Juncer, S.J.C. will offer his Solemn Mass of Thanksgiving on Sunday, June 1st at 12:30 p.m. at St. John Cantius Church in Chicago. The Most Rev. Joseph N. Perry, Auxiliary Bishop of Chicago, will deliver the homily at the Solemn High Mass offered in the Extraordinary Form (1962 Missale Romanum). The Resurrection Choir and Orchestra will sing the Mozart Mass in C, K 220. For details go to: Tridentine Solemn High Mass of Thanksgiving of Fr. Bartholomew Juncer, S.J.C.
On Sunday, June 1st, at 9:00 a.m., Fr. Anthony Rice, S.J.C. will offer a Tridentine Solemn High Mass (1962 Missale Romanum) at St. John Cantius Church in Chicago. Rev. C. Frank Phillips, C.R., Founder and Superior of the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius, will offer the homily. For more information please visit: Tridentine Solemn High Mass of Thanksgiving of Fr. Bartholomew Juncer, S.J.C.
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org IL, US
Rev Scott Haynes, SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Ordination, Francis Cardinal George, Chicago, Traditional Latin Mass
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards