First Catholic Menís National Day of Prayer, March 15, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IJAMSVILLE, MD (FEBRUARY 11, 2008) - You are invited to join with Catholic men from all over the U.S. for the first Catholic Menís National Day of Prayer on March 15, 2008, The Solemnity of St. Joseph. The Catholic Menís National Day of Prayer was originally conceived by Dan Spencer, founder of The St. Joseph Center of Kansas City. Spencer proposed the idea to the leadership of the National Fellowship of Catholic Men, with whom he is associated, as an activity that would serve to bring men from every state together in a deeper personal and collective commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church.
St. Joseph is the man God ordained to be both protector and provider to the Blessed Virgin Mary and our Lord Jesus Christ. He represents the saintly integration of faith in both his private and public life, and is a perfect model of manhood, fatherhood, discipleship, and worker and of our own lay vocation and what God has called each of us to be.
Here is what we are asking men to pray for:
* For every man to heed Christís call for personal conversion.
* For every man to become an enlivened disciple of Jesus Christ.
* For every Catholic man to fully actualize his vocational state of life calling.
* For every married man to love his wife and kids as Christ loved the Church.
* For every layman to embrace and proclaim the truth of Jesus Christ in his home, parish, workplace, and community.
Come to the National Fellowship of Catholic Men website (www.catholicmensresources.org) for more information including suggested common times for prayer; suggested petitions for families, communities and our Church; and suggested activities.
Your Brother in Christ,
Maurice Blumberg, Executive Director
National Fellowship of Catholic
National Fellowship of Catholic Men
http://www.catholicmensresources.org MD, US
Maurice Blumberg - Executive Director, 301 874-1043
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life