CatholicTV's 2007 Telethon
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CATHOLICTV TO HOLD 16TH ANNUAL TELETHON
Live, two-day event on cable and internet September 28 & 29th
WATERTOWN, MA - SEPTEMBER 21, 2007 - Boston's CatholicTV (BCTV) will hold its 16th annual telethon on Friday and Saturday, September 28th and 29th, from 9am to 9pm (Eastern) each day (rebroadcasts overnight). The event will be broadcast from the new headquarters of CatholicTV, the Msgr. Francis T. McFarland Television Center.
The station's director, Father Robert Reed, will be co-hosting the telethon with general manager Jay Fadden. CatholicTV is entirely viewer supported and relies on the telethon to boost funding for production the following year. Members of the Catholic Daughters of the Americas and Knights of Columbus will answer the phones.
During the telethon, viewers can call 617-923-3450 to make a pledge or share their feedback and online pledges can be made at www.CatholicTV.com, where the telethon can be seen by clicking "Watch Live".
The telethon features 24 hours of entertainment over two days from Catholic musicians and interviews with the personalities from CatholicTV's prayerful, educational, and religious programs.
The acts that will perform this year include Kitty Cleveland, Heather Waxman, Anne DiSanto, a duet by Fr. Chris Hickey and Fr. Paul Rouse from CatholicTV's "Going My Way" and more. Over the years, the telethon has proven that "the parishioners of the airwaves" (CatholicTV's viewers) are tremendous in their support of their station and it has seen brought outstanding musical performances, memorable interviews, an atmosphere of fun and surprises to so many who watched. This year, CatholicTV is giving away a 30gb iPod during the telethon (see www.CatholicTV.com "News" for more information).
CatholicTV's programming is available on cable systems in Massachusetts, New York, Louisiana, Florida, California, Michigan, Ohio and Rhode Island. Internet users can watch live and on demand programming anytime, everywhere at CatholicTV.com. If CatholicTV is not on where you live, call 617-923-0220 and ask for promotion.
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, US
Sean Ward - Public Relations, 617 923-0220
On cable and internet September 28 & 30 9am - 9pm
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS