Seton Hall to Premiere Documentary Film 'The Calling'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
World Premiere: Documentary Film, “The Calling”
SOUTH ORANGES, NJ - SEPTEMBER 14, 2007 - The world premiere of the documentary film, The Calling, by filmmaker David Ranghelli, will be hosted Monday, September 17 at 6:30 P.M. in Seton Hall University’s Jubilee Hall Auditorium. The film documents the challenge of founding a new religious community and the complex emotions that can accompany the discernment of a calling to religious life.
The documentary follows three Catholic missionaries who live and work in the dusty shantytowns that ring Lima, Peru. Armed only with prayer and the power of their convictions, the protagonists are determined to make a difference in an often dangerous and uncertain landscape. The film provides a rare glimpse into a way of life that is often misunderstood, but one that inevitably leads us to the essential questions of human existence: Who am I? and What do I believe?
The premiere is free and open to the public. The filmmaker, David Ranghelli, and the founder, Padre Phillip Scott, will participate in a discussion session following the film. The premiere is sponsored by Seton Hall University’s Center for Vocation and Servant Leadership. Reception to follow in Jubilee Hall Atrium
Seton Hall University
http://www.shu.edu/go/international NJ, US
Jen O'sheal - Director, Special Events, 973 378-2662
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9