Seton Hall to Premiere Documentary Film 'The Calling'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
World Premiere: Documentary Film, ďThe CallingĒ
SOUTH ORANGES, NJ - SEPTEMBER 14, 2007 - The world premiere of the documentary film, The Calling, by filmmaker David Ranghelli, will be hosted Monday, September 17 at 6:30 P.M. in Seton Hall Universityís Jubilee Hall Auditorium. The film documents the challenge of founding a new religious community and the complex emotions that can accompany the discernment of a calling to religious life.
The documentary follows three Catholic missionaries who live and work in the dusty shantytowns that ring Lima, Peru. Armed only with prayer and the power of their convictions, the protagonists are determined to make a difference in an often dangerous and uncertain landscape. The film provides a rare glimpse into a way of life that is often misunderstood, but one that inevitably leads us to the essential questions of human existence: Who am I? and What do I believe?
The premiere is free and open to the public. The filmmaker, David Ranghelli, and the founder, Padre Phillip Scott, will participate in a discussion session following the film. The premiere is sponsored by Seton Hall Universityís Center for Vocation and Servant Leadership. Reception to follow in Jubilee Hall Atrium
Seton Hall University
http://www.shu.edu/go/international NJ, US
Jen O'sheal - Director, Special Events, 973 378-2662
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Not Godís Type? Think again
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel