Vocations Awareness Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Vocations Awareness Day to Feature 100 Dioceses, Religious Orders
STEUBENVILLE, OH - SEPTEMBER 13, 2007 - Vocations directors from more than 100 religious communities and dioceses from the United States and abroad will attend Franciscan University of Steubenville's annual Vocations Awareness Day.
Vocations Awareness Day will be held Friday, October 26, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Finnegan Fieldhouse. Both the 12:05 p.m. Mass and the 4:45 p.m. Mass in Christ the King Chapel that day will be celebrated for those discerning religious life or the priesthood.
Sponsored by the Pre-Theologate Program and Chapel Ministries, this event is the largest of its kind in the nation. Last fall 1,000 young adults and high school students visited Vocations Awareness Day. Vocations directors from the many orders and dioceses represented answered questions and explained their unique missions and charisms.
Father Ken Cienik, SA, director of the Pre-Theologate Program encourages all those discerning a religious or priestly vocation to attend Vocations Awareness Day, which is free and open to the public. "This is a wonderful chance to learn about a wide variety of religious orders and dioceses at one time and to discern if one might be right for you," he says.
For more information, call 740-283-6495 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations, 740 284-5893
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.