Vocations Awareness Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Vocations Awareness Day to Feature 100 Dioceses, Religious Orders
STEUBENVILLE, OH - SEPTEMBER 13, 2007 - Vocations directors from more than 100 religious communities and dioceses from the United States and abroad will attend Franciscan University of Steubenville's annual Vocations Awareness Day.
Vocations Awareness Day will be held Friday, October 26, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Finnegan Fieldhouse. Both the 12:05 p.m. Mass and the 4:45 p.m. Mass in Christ the King Chapel that day will be celebrated for those discerning religious life or the priesthood.
Sponsored by the Pre-Theologate Program and Chapel Ministries, this event is the largest of its kind in the nation. Last fall 1,000 young adults and high school students visited Vocations Awareness Day. Vocations directors from the many orders and dioceses represented answered questions and explained their unique missions and charisms.
Father Ken Cienik, SA, director of the Pre-Theologate Program encourages all those discerning a religious or priestly vocation to attend Vocations Awareness Day, which is free and open to the public. "This is a wonderful chance to learn about a wide variety of religious orders and dioceses at one time and to discern if one might be right for you," he says.
For more information, call 740-283-6495 or e-mail email@example.com.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations, 740 284-5893
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9