Vocations Awareness Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Vocations Awareness Day to Feature 100 Dioceses, Religious Orders
STEUBENVILLE, OH - SEPTEMBER 13, 2007 - Vocations directors from more than 100 religious communities and dioceses from the United States and abroad will attend Franciscan University of Steubenville's annual Vocations Awareness Day.
Vocations Awareness Day will be held Friday, October 26, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Finnegan Fieldhouse. Both the 12:05 p.m. Mass and the 4:45 p.m. Mass in Christ the King Chapel that day will be celebrated for those discerning religious life or the priesthood.
Sponsored by the Pre-Theologate Program and Chapel Ministries, this event is the largest of its kind in the nation. Last fall 1,000 young adults and high school students visited Vocations Awareness Day. Vocations directors from the many orders and dioceses represented answered questions and explained their unique missions and charisms.
Father Ken Cienik, SA, director of the Pre-Theologate Program encourages all those discerning a religious or priestly vocation to attend Vocations Awareness Day, which is free and open to the public. "This is a wonderful chance to learn about a wide variety of religious orders and dioceses at one time and to discern if one might be right for you," he says.
For more information, call 740-283-6495 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations, 740 284-5893
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way