Boston Catholic Television Telethon
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON CATHOLIC TELEVISION TO HOLD 14TH ANNUAL TELETHON Live, two-day event to air on cable, satellite and internet Sept. 30 & Oct. 1 from 9 AM to 10 PM
NEWTON, MA – Boston Catholic Television (BCTV) will hold its 14th annual telethon on Friday and Saturday, September 30 and October 1, from 9 AM to 10 PM each day. BCTV’s Director, Father Robert Reed, will be co-hosting the telethon with General Manager Jay Fadden. The station is entirely viewer supported and relies on the telethon to boost funding for production the following year.
Because of its importance, the cable companies that carry BCTV (Adelphia, Comcast, and RCN) have extended BCTV’s hours to carry the event on cable in over 175 communities throughout Massachusetts to ensure viewers can see the telethon in its entirety. During the telethon, viewers can call 617-332-8655 to make a pledge or share their feedback.
The telethon features 26 hours of entertainment over two days from local and national musicians and interviews with the personalities from BCTV’s prayerful, educational, and religious programs.
Among the highlights of this year’s telethon will be the debut of new episodes of one of BCTV’s flagship series, The Rosary, with Father Reed at the Chapel of the Jeanne Jugan Residence of the Little Sisters of the Poor in Somerville, MA. Residents and sisters from Jeanne Jugan joined Father Reed to pray the mysteries of this prayer to Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
Other highlights among the more than 20 acts that will perform during the telethon include national Christian recording artists Gretchen Harris, Tom Snow, Bernie Choiniere as well as local acts, including the Archdiocesan Black Choir, the choir from Saint Ambrose Parish in Dorchester, MA, and teen singer Heather Waxman from Plainville, MA.
Over the years, the telethon has proven that “the parishioners of the airwaves” are tremendous in their support of BCTV and it has been filled with outstanding musical performances, memorable interviews, an atmosphere of fun, and surprise visits including Archbishop of Boston Sean O’Malley the past two years.
BCTV’s telethon can be seen on Adelphia cable channel 98, Comcast cable channel 56, and RCN cable channel 86 in more than 175 communities in Massachusetts, as well as parts of California, Long Island, New York City, Louisiana, and Ohio and via satellite.
Internet users can watch the telethon via the station’s online broadcast BCTV’s web site, www.catholictv.org, by clicking BCTV LIVE. For more information call 617-965-0050.
# # #
Boston Catholic Television
http://www.catholictv.org MA, US
Sean Ward - Public Relations, 617 965-0051 x12
Live on cable, satellite and internet
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance