PAULINE BOOKS & MEDIA MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL WINS CATHOLIC ARTS & LETTERS AWARD
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (July 31, 2014) - Pauline Books & Media is proud to announce that the middle-grade novel, a.k.a. genius by Marilee Haynes received the Catholic Arts and Letters Award (CALA) for Children’s Fiction from the Catholic Writers Guild at the Catholic Marketing Network 2014 Trade Show today in Chicago, Illinois.
All fiction entered into the CALA competition must fulfill the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval prerequisite guaranteeing the work displays sound Catholic doctrine. Outstanding works of fiction are judged based on exemplary literary merit. The Children’s Fiction category includes picture books, early readers and middle grade.
Haynes also received a second-place award in the Teen and Young Adult category from the Catholic Press Association at the Catholic Media Conference in June in Charlotte, NC for her a.k.a. genius. The sequel to this award-winning book, Genius Under Construction, was published by Pauline Books & Media in March 2014.
In ak.a. genius, Gabe Carpenter, a seventh grade student at St. Jude Middle School, is surprised to learn that the results of his standardized testing classify him as a genius. Considering the fact that he can’t open his own locker, becomes completely tongue-tied around his sister’s friend Becca and has a father who wishes his son were a basketball star instead of a science nerd, Gabe is having a hard time dealing with his new identity. After his second-best friend stops speaking to him and he is placed in an advanced class, Gabe starts to feel that Saint Jude is the only one who can help.
In a phone interview after the CALA ceremony, author Haynes said, “I was beyond thrilled to hear about the award and think Gabe, the genius himself, would be just as excited. I hope this recognition helps a.k.a. genius find even more young readers. I promise they’ll like him!”
For press inquiries or author interviews, please contact Cathy G. Knipper, Publicist, at 617-676-4490 ext. 4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Cathy Knipper - Marketing Associate/Publicist, 617-676-4490 ext4271
genius,a.k.a. genius, Pauline Books & Media; CALA
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?