What happens when you realize that God’s not dead?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Humorous, heartwarming memoir follows an atheist’s journey to find happiness
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 29, 2014) – Jennifer Fulwiler told herself she was happy. Why wouldn’t she be? She made good money as a programmer at a hot tech start-up, had just married a guy with a stack of Ivy League degrees, and lived in a twenty-first-floor condo where she could sip Sauvignon Blanc while watching the sun set behind the hills of Austin.
Raised in a happy, atheist home, Jennifer had the freedom to think for herself and play by her own rules. Yet a creeping darkness followed her all of her life. Finally, one winter night, it drove
her to the edge of her balcony, making her ask once and for all why anything mattered. At that moment everything she knew and believed was shattered.
Asking the unflinching questions about life and death, good and evil, led Jennifer to Christianity, the religion she had reviled since she was an awkward, skeptical child growing up in the Bible Belt. Mortified by this turn of events, she hid her quest from everyone except her husband, concealing religious books in opaque bags as if they were pornography and locking herself in public bathroom stalls to read the Bible.
And then, just when she had the profound epiphany that gave her the courage to convert, she was diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition — and the only treatment was directly at odds with the doctrines of her new-found faith.
SOMETHING OTHER THAN GOD is a poignant, profound and often funny tale of one woman
who set out to find the meaning of life and discovered that true happiness sometimes requires losing it all.
New York Times bestselling author Dean Koontz offered praise for Jennifer’s book, calling it “heartfelt” and “charming.” He marveled, “The author’s epiphanies are wonderfully conveyed and will resonate with readers.”
Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, said that Jennifer’s memoir is “a humorous, uplifting story about one woman’s journey from lifelong unbelief to faith and an intimate relationship with Jesus and his Church — SOMETHING OTHER THAN GOD joins science, faith and reason in an engrossing read.”
For more information, to request a review copy, or to schedule an interview with Jennifer Fulwiler, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
If you no longer wish to receive these messages, simply reply to this message with unsubscribe in the subject line OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
http://www.carmelcommunications.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Jennifer Fulwiler, Something Other Than God, Conversion Diary, Catholic, atheism, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources