Massive Online Open Seminar on Women Deacons June 9-July 8, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HEMPSTEAD, NY (April 20, 2014) - The Massive Online Open Seminar (MOOS) on Women Deacons: Past, Present, Future will run June 9-July 8. The seminar is just what it sounds like--a chance for you to join with other folks around the world to read, think and talk about the possibility of restoring women to the ordained diaconate in the Catholic Church.
There are several questions we will look at during the seminar: 1. In the past: who were the women deacons in the early church? were they ordained? what did they do? why did they disappear? 2. In the present: when was the diaconate rejuvenated, and why? has there been consideration of women in the diaconate? 3. In the future: what are the obstacles to women in the diaconate? how can these challenges be addressed? what would it mean for women to be ordained?
Each of the first four days of each week will contain readings and lectures--about one hour's worth of work per day. Each Friday, the Discussion Board will open for three days. Where possible an instructor or teaching assistant will join in. Course books may be ordered by clicking the book image on this page. Each course book is available electronically or in paper.
Ordination of Women to the Diaconate in the Eastern Churches: Essays by Cipriano Vagaggini Collegeville, MN, Liturgical Press, 2013. Women Deacons: Past, Present, Future.
(With Gary Macy and William T. Ditewig) Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 2011.
Please register for the MOOS at CourseSites.com
http://people.hofstra.edu/phyllis_zagano/moos.html NY, 10459 US
Phyllis Zagano - Senior Research Associate-in-Residence,
women, ministry, diaconate, deacon
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?