Tuscany Press Announces 2013 Tuscany Prize Award Winners
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WELLESLEY, MA (November 7, 2013) - The 2013 Tuscany Prize for Catholic Fiction winners hail from three continents and four countries, range in age from their early 20s to the late 80s and include a past winner of the US National Book Award, Gloria Whelan. The Tuscany Prize was created by Tuscany Press to find and promote great undiscovered works of Catholic fiction.
Prizes are awarded for the best unpublished novel, young adult novel and short stories submitted over the past year.
This year's winners are:
Novel: Shadows in Cairo by Stephanie Williams
Young Adult Novel: Ghostly Whispers by Charles Demback and Nancy Powichroski
Short Story Winners:
1st -- "What World is This?" by Gloria Whelan
2nd -- "Lily on the Bus" by Natalia Sarkissian
3rd -- "The Edge of All Things" by Mary Finnegan
4th -- "Children of Niobe" by Cynthia Millen
5th -- "Ceremony of Innocence" by Dom Cioppa
"Chimbote" by Barbara Boudon
"The Class Reunion" by Tony Brennan
"The Hour of Our Death" by Samuel Miller
"The Housekeeper" by Tricia Currans-Sheehan
"The Test" by Reynold Junker
These prize winning works will be published by Tuscany Press in the coming year. Congratulations to all of the winners.
About Tuscany Press:
Tuscany Press publishes Catholic fiction that explores the spectrum of human relationships with God. The Tuscany Prize celebrates writers and literature of Catholic faith at the short story, young adult, and novel levels. Visit the Tuscany Prize winners page for more moving works of fiction.
Contact: Peter Mongeau, founder and publisher
Tuscany Press, LLC
17 Tennyson Road
Wellesley, MA 02481
Tuscany Press LLC
http://www.tuscanypress.com/blog/tuscany-press-announces-2013-tuscany-prize-award-winners.php MA, 02481 US
Peter Mongeau - ,
Catholic Fiction, Tuscany Prize
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life