New Professors Join Franciscan University Sacred Music Program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 10, 2013) - The Sacred Music Program at Franciscan University of Steubenville began the fall semester under the leadership of two new music professors.
Dr. Jessica Bachicha Ewell joins the Franciscan faculty to teach voice, music theory, and survey of sacred and religious music, among other courses.
Ewell holds a doctorate of musical arts from the Catholic University of America and a master of music from New England Conservatory of Music. She has taught voice in the United States, Italy, and the United Kingdom and has given lectures on music history and philosophy.
Ewell was featured in The Chronicle of Higher Education's article, "The Grand Vision of a Blind Soprano," which described how Ewell developed her deep love of music despite her blindness.
Mr. Nicholas Will is an organist and conductor holding a master of music degree from the Peabody Conservatory of Music. In addition to teaching organ lessons and directing the Schola Cantorum Franciscana and Franciscan University Chorale, he teaches courses in music theory, music history, ear training, and Gregorian chant. Will has performed throughout the Eastern United States, Belgium, Holland, and France as an organist, conductor, and accompanist.
Franciscan University's Sacred Music Program prepares students for careers as classically trained professional musicians, either in voice or organ. Along with traditional courses of private study, theory, and history, students focus intensively on the Catholic Church's rich musical tradition, including Gregorian chant, sacred polyphony, and the great works of all ages.
For more information on the Sacred Music Program at Franciscan University, visit www.franciscan.edu/sacredmusic/ or call Admissions at 800-783-6220.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Sacred Music, Franciscan University, Dr. Jessica Ewell, Mr. Nicholas Will
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes