Exciting Year Ahead for Thriving Graduate School: Diverse Student Population Share in the Mission of
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arlington, VA (August 29, 2013) - Now in its fourteenth year, the Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS) welcomed 59 returning students and 21 new graduate students to its urban campus.
The first-year master's students represent 10 states and the country of Nigeria. This diverse group comes from a variety of backgrounds and stages in their lives. Among them are 1 priest and 4 religious, 2 retired military officers, 8 students returning to school after working in the professional field, and several students coming directly from their undergraduate studies.
As a testament to the caliber of students IPS attracts, here are a few examples of what this class was doing prior to coming to the Institute:
- worked as a Tissue Recovery Specialist for the Organ Procurement Organization in Minnesota;
- worked in NYC for a group home and provided one-on-one assistance for an autistic young boy;
- spent the year studying in Italy;
- worked for Mercy Home for Boys and Girls in Chicago;
- conducted research for the University of Notre Dame.
First-year students will be paired with returning students as part of the Mentoring Programsponsored by Student Services. The program is designed to help ease the transition into graduate school and to address the demands unique to pursuing an advanced degree in psychology.
New to IPS this year is the First-Year Student Ambassadors Program created by the Student Life Concerns Committee (SLCC). This program offers leadership opportunities for new students to assist with SLCC-sponsored events and to help facilitate communication among their peers.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://ipsciences.edu/ VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
psychology, counselor, faith, graduate school, education, vocation, integration, school, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards