Unlocking Catholic Confession - Why Do They Do That?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Author shares the seven secrets to the meaning, beauty and value of the Sacrament
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (August 29, 2013) - Christians, including many Catholics, have a limited and narrow point view of the Sacrament commonly called "Confession" that prevents them from understanding the gift of this Sacrament instituted by Christ and discovering its real beauty and value.
For non-Catholics, Confession is unnecessary, and some may even think unbiblical, believing there should be no mediator between them and Christ. For too many Catholics, the Sacrament of Reconciliation is just a means to an end: cleaning us up from sin so we can receive Holy Communion. But, as Pope Francis tells us, Confession is much more than "going to the dry cleaner." It's "an encounter with Jesus, who waits for us as we are."
Vinny Flynn exposes the life-altering power of the Sacrament of Reconciliation in his new book, 7 SECRETS OF CONFESSION, and clears up some of the common misunderstandings many might hold of this important encounter with Christ.
Flynn has long recognized that there is an urgent need for all Christians to receive clear teaching about Confession. He shows that Confession is a sacred encounter with Christ that everybody should eagerly welcome with love, passion and appreciation. Flynn draws upon the biblical proof of its existence, the wisdom of the saints and the 2,000-year tradition of the Church, and the fruits of his own contemplation and prayer to write an essential guide on the heavenly gift of Confession.
"Simple and clear, yet profound too, this is a book which should be found in every home and on the book shelf of every confessor and director of souls," said Fr. Peter Damian Fehlner, S.T.D., author of St. Maximilian Kolbe: Martyr of Charity.
7 SECRETS OF CONFESSION shows that those who choose to embrace Confession will come away convinced that they are not only forgiven but truly healed and liberated in a way like no other.
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Vinny Flynn, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
7 Secrets of Confession, Vinny Flynn, Ignatius Press, sacrament, Reconciliation
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart