Defending the Faith Conference Equips, Inspires, Empowers
orientation, is ontologically good, created in God’s image, so good that Christ died for him. And he’s called to be a saint. Homosexual or heterosexual.”
Keeping with the tradition of a conversion testimony at the conference, Jason Stellman, a recent convert to Catholicism, shared his story Sunday morning. There were many things that Stellman was unsure about when he first looked into Catholicism as a prominent Presbyterian pastor. But one thing was certain: the Church is not afraid to go against the cultural norms.
“As audacious as the Catholic Church comes across, it’s as audacious as Jesus came across. The Catholic Church kind of acts the way Jesus acted. By saying things that may not fit in well with the religious elite or the status quo of the culture,” said Stellman, who came into the Catholic Church in September 2012. “And that’s what the Catholic Church is. It is an extension of Christ’s ministry. It is the mystical body of Christ.”
With the powerful talks and many opportunities for participants to grow in community with other like-minded Catholics, it may have seemed hard to go home on Sunday. Bishop Jeffrey M. Monforton of the Diocese of Steubenville, said in his homily at the conference’s closing Mass that, “All we have to do is ask,” for help with the tasks that lie ahead.
“As you and I depart this conference today, as ardent as our faith may be today, may we keep in our hearts the words of the late Cardinal Henri de Lubac, ‘the Church is a perpetual construction site.’ And so, we are witnesses to faith always. Ask Jesus Christ: he will always provide.”
For more information about Franciscan University of Steubenville conferences, visit www.franciscanconferences.com.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, conferences, defending the faith
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Time Magazine’s Man of the Year Accepts Greetings From Walsh University Students on the Morning He i
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines