Thirty Diocesan Seminarians from the USA Participate in a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME 'Rome Experience'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chicago, IL (May 13, 2013) – On May 21, 2013, thirty diocesan seminarians from around the United States will depart on “The Rome Experience”- a seven week academic program and spiritual pilgrimage aimed at giving seminarians the opportunity to contemplate and nurture their divine call to the priesthood and to holiness as they pray and study in the cradle of Christianity, beside the Chair of Peter, and at the tombs of the saints and martyrs.
The Rome Experience was established in 2009 at the request of Bishop David R. Choby of Nashville, along with several other bishops, who sought to offer their seminarians a unique summer program in Rome.
Since 2009 sixty-six seminarians from twenty-six dioceses throughout the USA have participated in the Rome Experience. This summer we will welcome our largest class – thirty seminarians from twenty U.S. dioceses.
The Rome Experience 2013 will commence with a special pilgrimage in honor of the Year of Faith to the Marian Shrines of Montserrat and Torreciudad in Spain and Lourdes in France, followed by a five-day spiritual retreat in Ars, France (Shrine of St John Vianney), then on to Rome for the academic courses.
The academic courses are accredited by the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross and are taught by expert instructors from the USA and Rome, including Dr. Elizabeth Lev, Rev. Roger Landry, Rev. Anthony Robbie, Rev. Msgr. Eugene Morris, Rev. Eric Nielsen and Rev. Eric Sternberg.
The daily schedule, which includes Mass, Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary, and mental prayer, is designed to help the seminarians benefit maximally from all the offerings of the program, to foster fraternity, and to remain intimately united to Christ through prayer and study.
In Rome, the seminarians will also have the opportunity to attend Papal Audiences and Masses and to visit with the heads and staff of several Vatican Congregations.
As one of the seminarians preparing for this year’s program expressed, “This experience seems the perfect opportunity to learn what it means to be a diocesan priest, the primary evangelizer within a local parish community, in Rome at the feet of those first martyrs who gave everything in order to share the Word of God with a world in need of Christ.”
For more information or to schedule an interview:
St. Josemaria Institute
http://www/theromeexperience.org IL, 60517 US
Elia Rivera - Executive Director,
Seminarians, Formation, Rome, Catholic, Diocesan
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards