Pauline Books & Media Releases New Translation of the Classic Work, Love and Responsibility
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (April 3, 2013) - Pauline Books & Media is excited to announce the release of a new translation of Love and Responsibility, masterfully completed by native Polish speaker Grzegorz Ignatik. Grzegorz, who holds a Sacred Theology Licentiate from the International Theological Institute in Austria, teaches at the Pontifical College Josephinum in Columbus, Ohio and is a PhD candidate in Theology at the John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family in Washington, DC.
Originally published in Polish in 1960, Love and Responsibility is Karol Wojtyla’s (now Blessed John Paul II) groundbreaking book on human love that explores relationships between persons, especially concerning sexual ethics. This new translation contains extensive, helpful notes on language nuances, major concepts, and key terms that open Karol Wojtyla’s thought to an even wider audience in a time of continued relevance. The text used is the 2001 version published in Polish, which includes revisions of the original 1960 edition made by Blessed John Paul II himself. The first English publication of then-Cardinal Wojtyla’s article On the Meaning of Spousal Love is also included.
Mary Shivanandan, STD, Professor of Theology at the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family at The Catholic University of America, acclaims: “...it is impossible to do justice to the richness of this new translation...his [Ignatik’s] philosophical and theological background gives him a depth of interpretation and elucidation of the text.” Its release will be celebrated at a book launch held at the Institute on April 22, 2013. For more information on the event, please visit: http://www.johnpaulii.edu/events/view/love-and-responsibility.
For additional information on this new translation, please visit our Love and Responsibility webpage:
www.pauline.org/love. Review copies can be requested by contacting Ariana Tantillo, Marketing Assistant & Copy-writer, at (617) 676-4490 ext. 4179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international Congregation of women religious whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.pauline.org/love MA, 02130 US
Ariana Tantillo - Marketing Associate, 617-676-4490 ext. 41
love and responsibility, karol wojtyla, pope john paul II, grzegorz ignatik, new translation
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance