Celebrating Mardi Gras with a Catholic Spirit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (January 30, 2013) - Catholic Culture is celebrated first and foremost in the glory of the Sacred Liturgy, but even our culture is formed in a special way many of our Catholic traditions.
On Ash Wednesday (2-13-13) Catholics will begin a 40 day Lenten regime of prayer, fasting and alms-giving. But before this spiritual discipline is taken up Catholics enjoy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).
In 2013, join us at St John Cantius Church (Chicago) as we host a concert with music for sax and piano, featuring music of Piazzolla, Decruck, Back, Brahms and more.
Our special artist will be Matthew Ennis from UCLA's Music School.
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013:
1) 7 pm - Catered Dinner in the Cafe San Giovanni (church hall)
2) 8 pm - Concert in the main church hall
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/events/detail/an_evening_of_sax_piano/ IL, 60642 US
Scott Haynes SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mardi Gras, Matthew Enis, Sax, Piano
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference