Celebrating Mardi Gras with a Catholic Spirit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (January 30, 2013) - Catholic Culture is celebrated first and foremost in the glory of the Sacred Liturgy, but even our culture is formed in a special way many of our Catholic traditions.
On Ash Wednesday (2-13-13) Catholics will begin a 40 day Lenten regime of prayer, fasting and alms-giving. But before this spiritual discipline is taken up Catholics enjoy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).
In 2013, join us at St John Cantius Church (Chicago) as we host a concert with music for sax and piano, featuring music of Piazzolla, Decruck, Back, Brahms and more.
Our special artist will be Matthew Ennis from UCLA's Music School.
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013:
1) 7 pm - Catered Dinner in the Cafe San Giovanni (church hall)
2) 8 pm - Concert in the main church hall
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/events/detail/an_evening_of_sax_piano/ IL, 60642 US
Scott Haynes SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mardi Gras, Matthew Enis, Sax, Piano
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way