Celebrating Mardi Gras with a Catholic Spirit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (January 30, 2013) - Catholic Culture is celebrated first and foremost in the glory of the Sacred Liturgy, but even our culture is formed in a special way many of our Catholic traditions.
On Ash Wednesday (2-13-13) Catholics will begin a 40 day Lenten regime of prayer, fasting and alms-giving. But before this spiritual discipline is taken up Catholics enjoy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).
In 2013, join us at St John Cantius Church (Chicago) as we host a concert with music for sax and piano, featuring music of Piazzolla, Decruck, Back, Brahms and more.
Our special artist will be Matthew Ennis from UCLA's Music School.
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013:
1) 7 pm - Catered Dinner in the Cafe San Giovanni (church hall)
2) 8 pm - Concert in the main church hall
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/events/detail/an_evening_of_sax_piano/ IL, 60642 US
Scott Haynes SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mardi Gras, Matthew Enis, Sax, Piano
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha