Celebrating Mardi Gras with a Catholic Spirit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (January 30, 2013) - Catholic Culture is celebrated first and foremost in the glory of the Sacred Liturgy, but even our culture is formed in a special way many of our Catholic traditions.
On Ash Wednesday (2-13-13) Catholics will begin a 40 day Lenten regime of prayer, fasting and alms-giving. But before this spiritual discipline is taken up Catholics enjoy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).
In 2013, join us at St John Cantius Church (Chicago) as we host a concert with music for sax and piano, featuring music of Piazzolla, Decruck, Back, Brahms and more.
Our special artist will be Matthew Ennis from UCLA's Music School.
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013:
1) 7 pm - Catered Dinner in the Cafe San Giovanni (church hall)
2) 8 pm - Concert in the main church hall
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/events/detail/an_evening_of_sax_piano/ IL, 60642 US
Scott Haynes SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mardi Gras, Matthew Enis, Sax, Piano
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart