Celebrating Mardi Gras with a Catholic Spirit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (January 30, 2013) - Catholic Culture is celebrated first and foremost in the glory of the Sacred Liturgy, but even our culture is formed in a special way many of our Catholic traditions.
On Ash Wednesday (2-13-13) Catholics will begin a 40 day Lenten regime of prayer, fasting and alms-giving. But before this spiritual discipline is taken up Catholics enjoy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).
In 2013, join us at St John Cantius Church (Chicago) as we host a concert with music for sax and piano, featuring music of Piazzolla, Decruck, Back, Brahms and more.
Our special artist will be Matthew Ennis from UCLA's Music School.
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013:
1) 7 pm - Catered Dinner in the Cafe San Giovanni (church hall)
2) 8 pm - Concert in the main church hall
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/events/detail/an_evening_of_sax_piano/ IL, 60642 US
Scott Haynes SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mardi Gras, Matthew Enis, Sax, Piano
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS