Liguorian Magazine Celebrates Its First 100 Years with a Free Subscription Giveaway and More
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Liguori, MO (Jan. 14, 2013) – Liguorian, the award-winning Redemptorist pastoral magazine, is celebrating 100 years of providing guidance and inspiration for Catholics. Liguori Publications, publisher of the magazine, is marking the milestone with a subscription giveaway, anniversary issue, commemorative anthology, and more.
“As a joyful messenger of plentiful redemption since 1913, Liguorian represents the best of the Catholic tradition regarding faith, Christian living, and social justice,” said Elizabeth Schmitt, managing editor. “We want to reach out to those who may not be familiar with Liguorian and offer them the opportunity to experience its engaging content. Our hope is that these complimentary subscriptions will support them in their journey of faith and move them toward a deeper conversion.”
To be included in the drawing for the complimentary subscriptions, interested individuals should send name, address, and phone number to 100 New Subscriptions, Liguorian Editor, One Liguori Dr., Liguori, MO 63057, or email (put “100 New Subscriptions” in the subject line) email@example.com. The drawing is open to nonsubscribers only. No purchase is necessary and there’s no obligation after the free, one-year subscription has ended. Entries will be accepted until Jan. 31, 2013.
Complimentary subscriptions will begin in March 2013, with Liguorian’s 100th anniversary edition, which will feature content that describes the magazine’s role in history, the evolution of Catholic pastoral publishing, and what’s around the corner for U.S. Catholicism. The anniversary issue will also announce the winner of Liguorian’s centennial essay contest. Celebrations will continue with an anniversary event in October 2013.
Liguori has also released a lasting memorial of Liguorian’s centennial, a volume of short fiction titled From the Heart: Stories of Love, Loss, and Life. The anthology features stories published in Liguorian over the last century and reflects the beauty and mystery of love as well as the undeniable reality of God’s love in our lives. From the Heart is available at www.liguori.org, bookstores, and Amazon.
Founded in 1913 by the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Redemptorists), Liguorian magazine conveys a timely pastoral message to Catholics on matters of faith, Christian living, and social justice, in order to continue their conversion to Christ. Embracing Church teachings, Liguorian exposes its readers to the best elements of Catholic spirituality and tradition to help them navigate the contemporary world assisted by their faith. Learn more at www.Liguorian.com.
http://www.liguorian.com MO, 63057-9999 US
Mary Brockgreitens - Publicist, 636-223-1534
Liguorian, 100th anniversary, free subscriptions, Liguori, From the Heart
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Catholicism Sweepstakes: Win a Trip for Two to Rome and Paris!
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine