Assisi Walking Adventure Guide: A Resource for Travelers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PLACERVILLE, CA (October 8, 2012) - The free "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" provides travelers to Italy with an opportunity to break away from the crowds and explore Assisi, Mount Subasio and the Umbrian countryside. This ebook is for those who love to walk, explore and discover.
Whether you are going to the birthplace of Saints Francis and Clare, or just dream of visiting one of the most beautiful places on earth, the "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" is for you.
Millions visit Assisi each year, but few are aware of all the special places within the city's walls and the hidden treasures of the surrounding Umbrian countryside. Assisi is home to countless artistic, historic, natural and spiritual wonders. With this handy guide, visitors to Umbria can explore the city, its surrounding towns, and the trails of Mount Subasio Park. This book is definitely for walkers, for those seeking to leave the main roads in search of peaceful places, to wander the paths of Saint Francis, and to go where his followers gathered and found shelter.
Walks range from short strolls to day-long hikes, sometimes in towns and cities but mostly in idyllic rural settings. Examples of what readers may find include structures from Roman times, large natural sinkholes atop a mountain, a ghost town with fading frescos, stones remaining from a saint's childhood castle, opportunities to visit cloistered monasteries, churches Saint Francis labored to rebuild, and much more.
The guide takes readers from a tunnel beneath Assisi's Piazza del Comune with two thousand year old walls to the top of Mount Subasio, with its extraordinary views of Umbria's mountains and valleys. One can hardly begin reading without lacing up a pair of walking shoes and setting out in search of adventures. Readers are welcomed to join in exploring one of the most inspirational places on earth.
The Smashwords Edition of the "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" can be downloaded for free at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/217714
Those seeking to learn more about the "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" and Assisi travel may contact author John Litwinovich at his "Peace of Tau" blog.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/217714 CA, 95667 US
John Litwinovich - ,
Assisi, Mount Subasio, Umbria, Saint Francis, Saint Clare, Italy, Spello, Eremo, San Damiano, Pace
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Thirty Diocesan Seminarians from the USA Participate in a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME 'Rome Experience'
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address