Assisi Walking Adventure Guide: A Resource for Travelers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PLACERVILLE, CA (October 8, 2012) - The free "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" provides travelers to Italy with an opportunity to break away from the crowds and explore Assisi, Mount Subasio and the Umbrian countryside. This ebook is for those who love to walk, explore and discover.
Whether you are going to the birthplace of Saints Francis and Clare, or just dream of visiting one of the most beautiful places on earth, the "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" is for you.
Millions visit Assisi each year, but few are aware of all the special places within the city's walls and the hidden treasures of the surrounding Umbrian countryside. Assisi is home to countless artistic, historic, natural and spiritual wonders. With this handy guide, visitors to Umbria can explore the city, its surrounding towns, and the trails of Mount Subasio Park. This book is definitely for walkers, for those seeking to leave the main roads in search of peaceful places, to wander the paths of Saint Francis, and to go where his followers gathered and found shelter.
Walks range from short strolls to day-long hikes, sometimes in towns and cities but mostly in idyllic rural settings. Examples of what readers may find include structures from Roman times, large natural sinkholes atop a mountain, a ghost town with fading frescos, stones remaining from a saint's childhood castle, opportunities to visit cloistered monasteries, churches Saint Francis labored to rebuild, and much more.
The guide takes readers from a tunnel beneath Assisi's Piazza del Comune with two thousand year old walls to the top of Mount Subasio, with its extraordinary views of Umbria's mountains and valleys. One can hardly begin reading without lacing up a pair of walking shoes and setting out in search of adventures. Readers are welcomed to join in exploring one of the most inspirational places on earth.
The Smashwords Edition of the "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" can be downloaded for free at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/217714
Those seeking to learn more about the "Assisi Walking Adventure Guide" and Assisi travel may contact author John Litwinovich at his "Peace of Tau" blog.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/217714 CA, 95667 US
John Litwinovich - ,
Assisi, Mount Subasio, Umbria, Saint Francis, Saint Clare, Italy, Spello, Eremo, San Damiano, Pace
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why