Dominican University’s Siena Center to Host “Elections, Economics and Ethics”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (October 4, 2012) - Dominican University’s Siena Center will host a lecture by Dan Finn, professor of theology and Clemens professor of economics and liberal arts at St. John’s University (Minn.), on the implications of Catholic social thought for current economic issues. The lecture will be held Monday, October 22, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium of Dominican’s Priory Campus, 7200 West Division Street, River Forest.
Finn’s discussion will examine some of the basic elements of Catholic social thought and its potential implications on hot-button issues such as taxation, healthcare, aid for the poor and care for the environment.
A past president of the Catholic Theological Society of America, the Society of Christian Ethics, and the Association for Social Economics, Finn is the author of The True Wealth of Nations: Catholic Social Thought and Economic Life; The Moral Ecology of Markets: Assessing Claims about Markets and Justice; and Just Trading: On the Ethics and Economics of International Trade. He holds a bachelor’s degree from St. John Fisher College and master’s and doctoral degrees from University of Chicago.
Following Finn’s presentation, Peter Alonzi, professor of economics at Dominican, will offer a response.
Admission is $10. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105 or email email@example.com.
Dominican University established the St. Catherine of Siena Center to examine critical issues of church and society in the light of faith and scholarship. The center calls together members of the university community, professional ministers and the wider community of faith who are committed to deepening their insight into the role of the Christian in today's world.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/october/article_0002.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
election, presidential, obama, biden, romney, bidem lecture, catholic social, justice, economics
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9