RENEW International Presents Salvadoran Catholic Poet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PLAINFIELD, NJ (October 2, 2012) - Irma Lanzas, a writer who lives in El Salvador, will read from her new bilingual collection of spiritual poetry Wednesday, Oct. 3, at 7 p.m., at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. The free event in the Walsh Gallery on the lower level of Walsh Library is presented by Seton Hall’s Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute, Poetry-in-the-Round, and RENEW International.
The book of poetry by Irma Lanzas, who is also known as Irma Chávez, is entitled Absolute Amazement: Mystical Poetry for the 21st Century / Absoluto Asombro: Poesía Mística para el Signo XXI. The volume was published this year by RENEW International. Lanzas calls her collection of poems “a love story that has emerged from a deep and passionate relationship with God.”
Lanzas is a graduate of St. John’s University in New York; she holds a doctorate in philosophy from the University of Bologna and did post-doctoral studies at the University of Madrid and the Sorbonne in Paris. She has been a missionary for 27 years, working with RENEW International to promote spiritual renewal among Hispanics in the United States and Central America. She has worked directly with gang members and youth-at-risk in El Salvador.
She is the author of Lenten and Advent faith-sharing books published by RENEW International, which is based in Plainfield. Proceeds of the sale of her book of poetry will support RENEW’s work with youth in El Salvador.
About RENEW International
RENEW International is a non-profit Catholic ministry organization based in the Archdiocese of Newark, New Jersey. Its pastoral services and publications foster spiritual renewal in the Catholic tradition and revitalize parish life. RENEW can be found on the web at www.renewintl.org or at www.facebook.com/renewintl.
http://www.renewintl.org NJ, 07062 US
Deirdre Malacrea - Dir. Communications and Marketing, 908-796-5400 x126
RENEW International, poetry, Seton Hall University, Irma Chavez, Irma Lanzas, El Salvador
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults
- Pray for a G20 leader a day