Fr. Jonathan Morris to Speak on “Faith, Reason, and the Media”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (October 1, 2012) - Working in the mainstream media may seem an unusual job for a Catholic priest, but Father Jonathan Morris sees it as part of his calling to spread the Gospel.
Speaking on Thursday, October 11, at 7:30 p.m. in the Tony and Nina Gentile Gallery at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Father Morris will discuss “Faith, Reason, and the Media” and how they are not as contradictory as they may appear. His talk is free and open to the public.
A contributor for FOX News and the Wall Street Journal, Father Morris has presented the Catholic Church’s position for many news stories, including investigation of human trafficking at the World Cup in Germany; Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the United States, and many other political, moral, and ethical issues that made news headlines. In 2007, he debated noted atheist biologist and author Richard Dawkins on the BBC.
Father Morris studied business administration at Franciscan University of Steubenville and later entered the seminary. He was ordained to the priesthood in 2002.
This talk is part of the Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is sponsored by the departments of Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Advancement. Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders who integrate their faith and public life and who inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Fr. Jonathan Morris, Franciscan University of Steubenville, media, priesthood
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart