Fr. Jonathan Morris to Speak on “Faith, Reason, and the Media”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (October 1, 2012) - Working in the mainstream media may seem an unusual job for a Catholic priest, but Father Jonathan Morris sees it as part of his calling to spread the Gospel.
Speaking on Thursday, October 11, at 7:30 p.m. in the Tony and Nina Gentile Gallery at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Father Morris will discuss “Faith, Reason, and the Media” and how they are not as contradictory as they may appear. His talk is free and open to the public.
A contributor for FOX News and the Wall Street Journal, Father Morris has presented the Catholic Church’s position for many news stories, including investigation of human trafficking at the World Cup in Germany; Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the United States, and many other political, moral, and ethical issues that made news headlines. In 2007, he debated noted atheist biologist and author Richard Dawkins on the BBC.
Father Morris studied business administration at Franciscan University of Steubenville and later entered the seminary. He was ordained to the priesthood in 2002.
This talk is part of the Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is sponsored by the departments of Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Advancement. Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders who integrate their faith and public life and who inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Fr. Jonathan Morris, Franciscan University of Steubenville, media, priesthood
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Ex corde Ecclesiae Symposium, March 5-6
- Tú Me Sostendrás Calls Listeners to a Stronger Relationship with God
- Marriage Equality and Marriage Reality
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies