Seminar on Conscience Formation offered at CDU
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HAMILTON, VA (August 27, 2012) - Back by popular demand is the online seminar Conscience Formation and the Sacrament of Penance taught by Father Paul deLadurantaye, diocesan secretary for Religious Education in the Arlington diocese. The seminar runs for three-weeks beginning September 10.
Participants will have the opportunity to renew their understanding of the Sacrament of Penance through a study of the formation of moral conscience, sin and conscience, and the relationship to the Sacrament of Penance. Week One will consider conscience using Scripture and Tradition, and reflect on the various divisions of conscience, as well as the formation of conscience. Throughout the second week, a concept of sin and its relationship to moral conscience will be developed. The third week will focus on the sacrament of Penance as a necessary help to moral growth and the proper exercise of one’s conscience.
After completing this seminar, participants will better understand how each person is called to think and judge correctly in moral matters so as to become more fully the persons and disciples God wants them to be.
CDU seminars provide a great formation tool for all Catholics. The online format allows for a classroom that is available anytime, day or night, to read a lecture, participate in a group discussion, reflect and pray in the online chapel, and ask questions of the instructor. Seminars can be taken for credit at the undergraduate or graduate level or at the noncredit level. Learn more at http://www.cdu.edu or 1.888.254.4238 ext. 700.
Catholic Distance University
http://www.cdu.edu VA, 20158 US
Therese Cashen - Director of Marketing,
Catholic Distance University, Catholic online theology, sacrament of penance, Father deLaurantaye
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day