Weapons of Faith on the Frontline
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409 or
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kelly Kracht, 651-470-3854 or
Frontline Faith answers call to provide spiritual nourishment to U.S. troops
AUSTIN, TX (June 18, 2012) – More than two-thirds of America’s active-duty service men and women are Christian, and almost one in five is Catholic. FRONTLINE FAITH has an MP3 player loaded with prayers and inspiration – including a Mass and Rosary reflections – for every one of them. The organization honors every request it receives for an MP3 player, providing them free of charge to soldiers of all Christian faiths. It also produces a Protestant version of its MP3 player.
“I want every military person to know how grateful Americans are for our troops and the place they hold in our hearts,” said FRONTLINE FAITH Founder and Director Cheri Lomonte. “Thank you for defending our religious liberty and all that we hold dear.”
FRONTLINE FAITH produces MP3 players packed with Catholic prayers and other important content. There is a full Mass recorded at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.; Rosary meditations; a variety of prayers; letters from children; and inspirational music. Protestants will find faith-filled commentaries and messages from pastors, chaplains and troops on their edition of the MP3 player.
“We need to arm our troops with prayers and players,” Lomonte said. “Our soldiers need to hear a Mass every day; to pray the Rosary; to know they are not alone. And we must assure that they know their battlefield gear includes our prayers. To our troops – I speak for the Americans you can’t hear. Thank you for your commitment to our country and the sacrifices you make every day.”
With America on the cusp of July 4, our Independence Day set aside to honor and celebrate the precious freedom U.S. troops defend 24/7 and around the world, FRONTLINE FAITH continues to work tirelessly to produce and distribute thousands of MP3 players. And while the impact has been significant, Lomonte knows there is still much to do.
“Our troops tell me they are STARVING for spiritual support,” she said. “We must feed those who protect our country and our gift of liberty. The MP3 players are food for the souls of our military. I want to put a player in the hands of all those who protect us.”
The task is daunting. Consider the following numbers from the Department of Defense, reflecting active-duty troops through Jan. 31, 2012:
• More than 272,000 identify as Roman Catholic;
• More than 322,000 identify as Christians without a denomination preference;
• More than 151,000 identify as members of a Baptist church.
“Those are among the largest numbers in the DOD report,” Lomonte said, “and they alone represent more than half of all active-duty military. “When we add all of the numbers together, the total Christian base represents more than two-thirds of our military forces.
“When I receive emails from our military thanking us for the players we send to them, and what the players mean to them, I am humbled and blessed and I feel very small compared to what they are doing for me and our country,” she added.
Lomonte incorporated FRONTLINE FAITH as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2009 after learning that a large number of American soldiers deployed overseas sometimes go extraordinary amounts of time without access to a chaplain or religious services.
We are one in the Body of Christ,” she said. “So when one of us hurts, we all hurt. Our troops need our spiritual support. It is our duty to help our too-few chaplains and our troops with prayer and players.”
That duty – helping – can take a variety of forms:
• Donating as little as $24 pay to produce and distribute a FRONTLINE FAITH MP3 player;
• Sharing news of the project in church communities to help spread the word about FRONTLINE FAITH;
• Sharing personal stories from the front, or those of family members deployed;
• Connecting FRONTLINE FAITH to online social communities:
* Like and share the F FRONTLINE FAITH Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-FRONTLINE-FAITH-Project/135818756434815;
* Follow FRONTLINE FAITH on Twitter – @FrontlineFaith.
For more information, or to request a sample MP3 player and/or an interview with Founder Cheri Lomonte and other spokespersons, please contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com), Tim Lilley (TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kelly Kracht (651-470-3854 or KKracht@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/frontlinefaith-press-release/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Frontline Faith, military, Mass, Rosary, MP3 player, Cheri Lomonte
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?