Hit Film COURAGEOUS, Now a Million-Selling Blu-Ray(tm) and DVD, Spurs Father's Day Activities Across
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032,
Live Simulcast, Licensed Screenings, ‘Resolution’ Ceremonies Echo Movie’s Call for Godly Fathering
NASHVILLE, TN (May 21, 2012) – The hit film COURAGEOUS opened at No. 4 in theaters last fall; its Blu-ray™ and DVD debuted in January at No. 1, selling more than a million copies so far; and its call to godly fathering has touched millions of people. Now, in honor of Father’s Day, churches across the country are planning activities to extend the film’s vital message.
Events planned for the weeks leading up to and on Father’s Day include:
* Licensed Screenings – Thousands of churches have obtained site licenses from Provident Films authorizing them to show COURAGEOUS in their facilities, and many churches plan to screen the film on June weekends leading up to Father’s Day, supported by special sermons and Sunday School classes drawing from ministry resources available with the film. (An annual license to show COURAGEOUS is available at ProvidentFilms.org/Courageous, and prices start at $99 – with a bonus offer of a 2-foot by 7-foot COURAGEOUS banner free with new license orders submitted by June 12.)
* Men of Honor Simulcast – A live simulcast from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga., will feature COURAGEOUS creators, actors and special guests. Sponsored by LifeWay Christian Resources, the event will touch men and their families nationwide at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, June 15. Church groups and individuals participate for just $5 per venue – home or an auditorium. Registration is at LifeWay.com/MenofHonor. The two hours of teaching, worship and powerful stories will challenge men to strengthen themselves in Christ. The Men of Honor Simulcast features Michael Catt, senior pastor of Sherwood Church and executive producer of the film; Stephen Kendrick, co-writer and producer of COURAGEOUS; and Alex Kendrick, COURAGEOUS co-writer and director. Additionally the live praise, worship and teaching event features Ed Litton, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Mobile, Ala., and a round table with COURAGEOUS actors Robert Amaya (Javier), Ken Bevel (Nathan), Kevin Downes (Shane) and Daniel Simmons (William Barrett).
*Resolution Ceremonies – The film’s stirring Resolution scene, in which a group of fathers touched by tragedy publicly resolve to be the godly leaders their families need, will serve as a model for similar ceremonies in many churches on Father’s Day. Men will stand up, affirm their commitment to the Resolution’s principles and sign a copy. A video now online at the COURAGEOUS YouTube page shows viewers how to conduct their own Resolution ceremony.
COURAGEOUS, produced by Sherwood Pictures, in partnership with Provident Films and AFFIRM Films, tells the story of four men, one calling: to serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, they are confident and focused, standing up to the worst the streets have to offer. Yet at the end of the day, they face a challenge that none of them are truly prepared to tackle: fatherhood. When tragedy strikes home, these men are left wrestling with their hopes, fears, faith and fathering. Can a newfound urgency help these dads draw closer to God . . . and to their children? Protecting the streets is second nature. Raising their children in a God-honoring way? That’s courageous.
For interviews with COURAGEOUS creators and cast, contact Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or email KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
For site license information, visit: ProvidentFilms.org/Courageous
For simulcast registration, connectivity requirements and more information, visit:
For information about the film and Catholic resources, visit: CourageousCatholicResources.com.
And visit MaxOnDeadline.com/Courageous/in-the-news for a sampling for the tremendous media coverage the film has earned.
About COURAGEOUS and Sherwood Pictures
COURAGEOUS is the fourth film from Sherwood Pictures, a ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church and part of the congregation’s vision to “change the world from Albany, Georgia.” Three of Sherwood’s first four films—COURAGEOUS, FIREPROOF and FACING THE GIANTS—opened in the box office top 10. Brothers—and Sherwood pastors—Alex and Stephen Kendrick co-wrote COURAGEOUS, with Alex directing and acting and Stephen producing. Sherwood Baptist Senior Pastor Michael Catt and Executive Pastor Jim McBride and Terry Hemmings, president and CEO of Provident Music Group, are executive producers.
About Provident Films
Provident Films, a division of Provident Music Group, develops, produces and markets faith-based films. Nashville-based Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, has been one of the world’s leading Christian entertainment companies for more than three decades. ProvidentFilms.org
About Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. SPE is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 140 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.
About AFFIRM Films
AFFIRM Films is a division of Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA), a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company, dedicated to producing, acquiring and marketing films that inspire, uplift and entertain audiences. AFFIRMFilms.com
http://maxondeadline.com/courageous/blu-ray-fathers-day/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Courageous, Father’s Day, Provident Films, Sherwood Pictures, movies
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NBA All-Star Helps Growing Ministry Launch Prayer Challenge
- Ex corde Ecclesiae Symposium, March 5-6
- Tú Me Sostendrás Calls Listeners to a Stronger Relationship with God
- Marriage Equality and Marriage Reality
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album